Atheist Experience with Ray Comfort

atlashunter

Had some complaints on my first Atheist Experience thread that they took calls from ill prepared callers. Here is a full episode with Ray Comfort. How do you think he did?

stringmusic

You sure that aint John Smoltz??? :bounce:

I am at work, will try to listen to it here and there.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 309

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

Stuart Chase

That is what I think.

drippin' rock

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

Stuart Chase

That is what I think.

How did God make himself known in the Old Testament? How did Jesus convert non-believers in the New Testament?

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The caller in the video was still outgunned. Funny how facts and reason have that effect.

Stuart Chase

That is what I think.

I sure hope you're not in law enforcement or medicine in any capacity.

1gr8bldr

That was interesting, poor Ray, You would think that if he wrote a book about the subject that he could hold his own. Christians, and I am one, can't seem to grasp that they hold so many presumptions as truth, as if it were not debatable.

ambush80

That was interesting, poor Ray, You would think that if he wrote a book about the subject that he could hold his own. Christians, and I am one, can't seem to grasp that they hold so many presumptions as truth, as if it were not debatable.

How do you do it? How do you reconcile all the things that you know don't make sense about your beliefs with your apparent desire to be rational?

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

atlashunter

Was the quote that far over your head? Seriously? :confused::

No, it's splendidly simple. No big words that I have to mouth silently while reading or anything. As Atlashunter has already observed, I just question the appropriateness of such a thought process. Or if you're able to apply it in matters of faith but not in your profession, that's reassuring. Inconsistent and downright puzzling to me, but reassuring nonetheless.

Indulge me for a moment if you will, dawg2: what is your profession?

ted_BSR

No, it's splendidly simple. No big words that I have to mouth silently while reading or anything. As Atlashunter has already observed, I just question the appropriateness of such a thought process. Or if you're able to apply it in matters of faith but not in your profession, that's reassuring. Inconsistent and downright puzzling to me, but reassuring nonetheless.

Indulge me for a moment if you will, dawg2: what is your profession?

If your going to ask, you should tell first. We'd all like to know how your genius is applied in ever day life too.

If your going to ask, you should tell first. We'd all like to know how your genius is applied in ever day life too.

The topic at hand here is ... not that.

ted_BSR

The topic at hand here is ... not that.

Typical.

If you are gonna ask the man his profession on a public forum, you oughta have the stones to tell him yours on the public forum.

ooooh, but it is off topic.

Gimme a break, it is totally on topic.

2789britt

how can they say there is no god you can look out side at nature and everyday you wake up is a gift he wil know one day when god calls us home and he is put in the lake of fire with the devil and his followers

vowell462

how can they say there is no god you can look out side at nature and everyday you wake up is a gift he wil know one day when god calls us home and he is put in the lake of fire with the devil and his followers

wow. You have got to be kidding me.

atlashunter

I think they explained how pretty well. Ray Comfort... not so much.

What is the difference in claiming nature is evidence of the biblical God and claiming thunder is evidence of Thor?

Typical.

If you are gonna ask the man his profession on a public forum, you oughta have the stones to tell him yours on the public forum.

ooooh, but it is off topic.

Gimme a break, it is totally on topic.

No, you're incorrect. I'm not the one putting my thoughts on proof and existence up on display. He volunteered that piece to us so I decided to explore. That does not involve sharing my details nor does it necessitate your involvement. Dawg2 is a man and can answer if he wants without you stipulating quid pro quo.

2789britt, 2789britt, 2789britt....you seem nice enough. Check the title of this subforum if you will please.

ted_BSR

No, you're incorrect. I'm not the one putting my thoughts on proof and existence up on display. He volunteered that piece to us so I decided to explore. That does not involve sharing my details nor does it necessitate your involvement. Dawg2 is a man and can answer if he wants without you stipulating quid pro quo.

No, you are just mad that I exposed your hambush. And you have no authority to tell me when my involvement is necessary. I will involve myself whenever I see fit. Have a great day!