Be careful of the trash at 36 bridge on the flint

caveman168

I'm referring to the scum who let the air out of my passengers side front tire on March 20th. (I hope he's reading this!) :mad:
A friend and I left my truck at the bridge and drove up to the park and put in. When we got back down to the bridge and were loading the yaks up I noticed that my tire was flat. I thought nothing of it at first and simply changed it, I guess I assume too much that in general all folks are decent. After removal of the flat, I notice that nothing was in my tire, and that the valve stem cap was screwed halfway on. Well my suspicions proved to be true when I got home and put air in it to find that someone had loosened my shrader valve from the valve stem.
We were disappointed with seeing all the drunks at the landing and even at the park. I dont have a problem with anyone drinking, but they sure get obnoxious when the are hanging around the landing so much that you cant put in or take out. it seems to be this way at every river landing that I've been to. We did learn that the guy that owns the store at the bridge will let you park there and shuttle you up to the park for a small fee. (Which would be cheaper than driving two trucks.) Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to give a heads up to all the decent folk.

caveman168

It was deep enough when we were there, but i would never go there with a motor. Too many rocks. We did see some people in a jonboat, but they were just doing a float trip.

coachrollo

Sorry to hear that some one down river had the same problem I p/u a buddy of mine and gut was fixing his tire. Sorry folks in htis world

Oak-flat Hunter

I just don't trust nobody..and when You told Me about the fellow who own's a store would shuttle You for a fee. It sure makes that flat tire too conspicuous.!!! The economy is very bad still..I truly hope this is not the case.!!!

caveman168

I just don't trust nobody..and when You told Me about the fellow who own's a store would shuttle You for a fee. It sure makes that flat tire too conspicuous.!!! The economy is very bad still..I truly hope this is not the case.!!!

I truly don't think so, I think he quit letting people park there
for free to get rid of the riff raff at his store. He seemed like a good fella.

fish hawk

Bass Master
I truly don't think so, I think he quit letting people park there
for free to get rid of the riff raff at his store. He seemed like a good fella.

They charged a minimal fee for parking I think it was $ 5.00.The lady at the counter told me they stopped letting folks park there because there was a bunch of folks parking but not paying!!!They charged me $25.00 last year to shuttle two kayaks,not really a bad deal considering what gas cost now-a-days.

lonedrake

You didn't have your truck parked in the middle of the ramp did you? I live right up from the bridge there and that seems to be the only problem on crowded days, I put a jon boat in there sometimes and it can really ruin your day when you get there and there is a truck parked in the middle of the ramp, I usually just leave a nice little note for the idiot