New ride.

aznflycaster

I was eating dinner with the wife and told her that I had to get a fiberglass repair kit to patch some cracks and a small leak in the canoe. The canoe is a really old fiberglass sears and roebuck that has been put thru its paces over it 30 to 40 years its been around. So the wife says after dinner that we will go get that canoe that you have been talking about. Well at that point I was done eating and ready to go get it, And ended up with a new red Oldtown discovery 119 for $320 +tax because of a 20% coupon she had. Im so stoked and ready to get this thing on the water it's killing me. At least I have a new toy I need to start rigging before this saturday.

2011-04-19_19-28-13_358.jpg

Randy

You are going to love that boat for river fishing. I have some Packs which are very similar. I find myself using them more than my yaks.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I have an Old Town Discovery 158 that I have used for at least 16 years till this year. Got me a yak but now I am rigging the canoe up with some of the same features I have put on my yak. I have put the anchor trolley system on it. A stake out pole will great when fishing for bedding bream with my fly rod. Ready to try it out.