PDA

View Full Version : My Budget Ride!!!

HALOJmpr
05-13-2011, 09:04 PM
I had a Malibu Xfactor and sold it some time ago! :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe I really liked fishing out of that boat. I have since sold my flats boat too and I started duck hunting out of my BIL's sit in kayak this winter. Well, I've really had the bug to have a SOT again so I've been shopping but with a really tight budget.

I found a older Perception Prism on the Clist and made the guy an offer. For just $350 I got a pristine 14' boat, rudder system, 2 rod holders, paddle, seat, built in bait well, foam transport blocks and an itch to get in the water :cheers:

I think I did pretty well ... gonna take it to Destin tomorrow and try to get some fishing in the next couple of days. Reviews of it were pretty much raves from everyone who's ever owned one.

Hope i don't sink it :rofl:

aznflycaster
05-13-2011, 09:38 PM
That is gonna make an awesome open water boat. Looks like you did good on a budget.

biker13
05-13-2011, 11:23 PM
Heck of a deal.

Apex Predator
05-14-2011, 04:32 AM
Nice!

ZachYak
05-14-2011, 10:52 AM
That was a great find dude! Nice!

bronco611
05-15-2011, 02:33 PM
I think that the "WHITE" color is gona really spook the fish off!!! so if i were u i'd sell it to me for 250 so i could tell everyone what a deal i got!!! HAHA great find and price too.

HALOJmpr
05-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Well... on difference from my past SOT ... definite backside wetter. The water was warm and pleasant though so it wasn't an issue. The rudder was nice and I drift fished off the jetties in Destin this morning. Caught 6 fish, reds ... spot and of course a couple of cats. Not a bad first trip. Thanks for all the comments guys! Who wants to head down and take a trip down the Wacissa this summer???

EON
05-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Awesome deal, Get ya some scrupper plugs for the seat. Should solve the problem.

peanutzfarmer
05-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Dang....you beat me to that yak! Is that the one that was in Tifton? I emailed that guy today and was told that he had already sold it.

HALOJmpr
05-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Dang....you beat me to that yak! Is that the one that was in Tifton? I emailed that guy today and was told that he had already sold it.

That's the one .... I was shocked that he took my offer so I snapped it up! I'll let ya ride it sometime if you want :cheers: