Is it me or is there something wrong with the time on the forum...

pnome

Post times seem to be off by about an hour and 10 mins.

I checked my time zone options and it's correctly set for eastern.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
It's you:rofl:

It is off...a little bit;)

Sargent

It is due to a dimensional shift in the space-time continuum.

Hut2

Mines 2 hrs off! I reckon fl. broke off & floated west until it bumped against Mex. Ha

boneboy96

Post times seem to be off by about an hour and 10 mins.

I checked my time zone options and it's correctly set for eastern.

Unfortunately, we are not in eastern time zone. Set your time preference to GMT-3 for Buenos Aries, Georgetown, Brazil etc etc and it'll be correct. :type: :huh:

BornToHuntAndFish

Unfortunately, we are not in eastern time zone. Set your time preference to GMT-3 for Buenos Aries, Georgetown, Brazil etc etc and it'll be correct. :type: :huh:

Yep, the forum's time clock has been 1-hour earlier than actual time for a while for me, too. I had to make 2 changes to successfully correct it. Today, I finally decided to change my User CP Edit Option parameters to see if I could manually correct it some way.

For the Metro Atlanta, Georgia area, I was using Time Zone options of "GMT-5:00 Eastern Time (U.S. & Canada)" AND the "Automatically detect DST settings" (Daylight Savings Time), but the forum's time clock was 1-hour earlier than the actual time for my area.

At 1st I just expected I could try changing different Time Zone options like "GMT-4:00" which changed nothing, and then I tried "GMT-3:00" but that moved the forum time 1-hour ahead of my actual time so I went back to what I had "GMT-5:00".

I expected the reason the time was off may have something to do with the DST setting so I changed it to "DST corrections always on", but that still did not fix it. Therefore I made a 2nd change to "GMT-4:00 Atlantic Time (Canada)". Now, I can declare victory with success finally. The time is correct for my time zone location.

Sounds like vBulletin forum's DST or Daily Savings Time "Automatic" option is not working but unfortunately none of this makes any good sense & I'll probably have to change & play around with the settings next time the time change occurs in November.

:bounce:

Last edited:

funderburkjason

Yep, the forum's time clock has been 1-hour earlier than actual time for a while for me, too. I had to make 2 changes to successfully correct it. Today, I finally decided to change my User CP Edit Option parameters to see if I could manually correct it some way.

For the Metro Atlanta, Georgia area, I was using Time Zone options of "GMT-5:00 Eastern Time (U.S. & Canada)" AND the "Automatically detect DST settings" (Daylight Savings Time), but the forum's time clock was 1-hour earlier than the actual time for my area.

At 1st I just expected I could try changing different Time Zone options like "GMT-4:00" which changed nothing, and then I tried "GMT-3:00" but that moved the forum time 1-hour ahead of my actual time so I went back to what I had "GMT-5:00".

I expected the reason the time was off may have something to do with the DST setting so I changed it to "DST corrections always on", but that still did not fix it. Therefore I made a 2nd change to "GMT-4:00 Atlantic Time (Canada)". Now, I can declare victory with success finally. The time is correct for my time zone location.

Sounds like vBulletin forum's DST or Daily Savings Time "Automatic" option is not working but unfortunately none of this makes any good sense & I'll probably have to change & play around with the settings next time the time change occurs in November.

:bounce:

I tried that but it did not work. No matter what i do it will not set to GMT-5. If you set it to -5 it stays at -4 and when you try another number it will take just not the one i need.