PDA

View Full Version : Got my world rocked at Church!!!

Warped Arrow
06-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Today while at church, my world was turned upside down.

I typically enjoy our services, and today was no different in that aspect. What hit me was when our student pastor came out with the tithing and offering message. Now I will confess that I typicaly listen to this part of the service passively. Today though, he said something that hit me like a ton of bricks!!

All I truely heard was Psalms 51:10-11. It was like those words echoed within my heart and soul. I had to look it up!!! I got out my phone and did a fast bible search (I have an app for that) and this is what it said:

"10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me."

I was floored!!!! I had been struggling with some issues and this just demolished me! It felt as if my chest was being crushed, as if the world was sitting on it. Then as I read it again, and saw it for what it was, a plea, a cry for help, then I felt that weight lift. This was MY cry, MY plea, MY prayer!!! As tears welled in my eyes, all I could do was pray that prayer again. As I did, I felt more at peace than I have all week. God is sooooo good!!!

If that would have been the only thing I heard in the whole service, it would have been plenty.

God has an uncanny way of showing us what we need, when we need it. Though I am unworthy of His Grace, Mercy, and Blessings, He gives them freely. The only reason I am able to recieve these gratious gifts is because His son, Jesus, died for my sins. It is through Him that my sins have been atoned for.

God Bless,
Del

Jeff Phillips
06-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Amen!

Ronnie T
06-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Amen. Usually, we each receive the lesson that we most need, from the very same words and thoughts.

That's a good verse.

blong
06-30-2011, 02:05 PM
It happened to me at a Christmas eve communion 7 years ago. As I sat with my wife ,our 3 year old and newborn, I realized how extrmely blessed I had been my entire life. Even those years after HS graduation up until that point, I had turned away from God but he still found favor in me. It was the most emotional night of my life. I found myself weeping and could not stop. I felt so ashamed of myself for all I had done and yet so blessed to be sitting in His house with my new family,all healthy with a warm house to go home to. Why me? I still do not know why, but it is true and I am still a favorite in His eyes. I have done some stupid things since then but always seem to come out unscratched. He watches over me and I am Blessed!