A few Lake of the Woods shots

ronfritz

Snapped the first four of these with the D300+300mm f/2.8+TC 2.0 III. The combo works pretty well wide open and if you stop down just a little it gets better. Focuses fine in decent light, nice contrast and doesn't give up much in the sharpness dept. The one of my granddaughter is an untouched raw to jpg conversion. The others were sharpened some and cropped. Not sure what's up with the beak on the #4 shot...guess he decided he needed a hood ornament. All three bird shots were morning light shots with the birds flying/facing towards the sunrise..which there is plenty of at that latitude. The #5 shot is with the D300+16-85mm VR.

....It's a big lake filled with walleyes. Drove home down Highway 71 and hung a left at Springfield, MO. 71 is pretty road and goes through some wide open spaces. We watched the corn go from barely knee high in northern MN to tasseled out in Kentucky and points south.

The last shot was snapped at my cousin's farm near Bird Island, MN. We stopped there planning to have dinner but an hour after we pulled up, the strongest storm in 30 years rolled through and tore the place up. Grain bins were moved off their foundations and one was rolled out into the field. I told my cousin..."sure, we get storms like that in Georgia, we just don't get to see them coming for 20 minutes like you do".

Attachments

• LOW_DSC0890.jpg
    LOW_DSC0890.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 181
  • LOW_DSC0735.jpg
    LOW_DSC0735.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 179
  • LOW_DSC0803.jpg
    LOW_DSC0803.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 178
  • LOW_DSC0819.jpg
    LOW_DSC0819.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 184
  • LOW_DSC0556.jpg
    LOW_DSC0556.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 181
  • July 2011 Gathering at Lori's F.jpg
    July 2011 Gathering at Lori's F.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 184

quinn

Some real fine shots Ron!the lighting was perfect!

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Beautiful work Ron :clap:

untouched raw to jpg conversion

That's fine work....

Hoss

I like those, Ron. Can never go wrong with shots of the grandkids, but that storm front is awesome. Nice job.

Hoss