Not so good in Franklin, Stephens, or Banks

beginnersluck

At least for me. I hunted Franklin Thursday and Friday both morning and afternoon. Friday I stayed out all day! I saw 1 doe and she was smaller than my dog! Saturday from sunup until 3:00, I was in Stephens Co...2 does with no size and a spike. Sunday I was in Banks Co. after church...didn't see anything (but I was only out for 2 hours). My in-law's neighbor killed a doe, a spike and a 4 pt. within a 10 minute time frame this morning in his front yard. While visiting my in-laws a good size doe walked through their back yard...just my luck! Anyways I hope everyone else had better luck than me! :eek:

J.T.

I hunted Franklin county Fri. morning, evening and Sat. morning. Saw 2 does 8:30 am and 1 doe 6:15 pm. Nothing while hunting Sat. While drivng back to friends house saw 2 deer feeding in a field 10:30 am and once back at his place I saw a decent buck and another deer (sex?) running through one of his pastures.

Kodiakman

I hunted friday morning and afternoon. Didn't see any while I was on the stand. I did catch some while I was walking back to the truck in the morning. There was 8 total. They played out in front of me (Only 50 yrds or so) and din't even know I was there. I really should have busted one of the bigger does but I decided to take pictures instead. i found a nice scrape on the ground that was fresh. Usually Thanksgiving weekend I see some bucks running the does but none this weekend. enjoy the pic.

Deer%206.JPG

Last edited:

beginnersluck

Nice pic. I saw 2 scrapes within 30 yards of each other. And 5 rubs leading into a thicket in Stephens Co. I sat on that scrape and all I saw was 2 does and the spike, and I know he didn't make those rubs and scrapes! Too bad the big boy didn't show. I had a feeling he was around, though!

jeeptastic

Gone but not forgotten
Went hunting in Franklin Co. Thanksgiving afternoon, spooked a doe going in, got to my stand a saw a great 8 pointer, took a shot and can't find a thing. :eek: Makes me sick. Friday, saw nothing and didn't get to go on Saturday.

Last edited:

willbuck

Franklin County

Actually had a pretty good weekend. Seen several small bucks and a good many doe's. We did have a sighting of a nice buck chasing a doe, but could not get a shot. Looks like the colder weather has them stirred up again. We will wait on killing any doe's until the last 3 weeks of the season and concentrate on the bucks for another 2 weeks. We are on the verge of hunting the sanctuary. We have tried to give them 2 area's of no hunting pressure and we are almost to the point of going in and seeing what happens. Probably in 2 weeks we will take our climbers in.

I didn't get to hunt near as much as I wanted to this weekend, but I did see an old doe get chased around for the better part of Sunday morning by a 1 1/2 year old 4 pointer. I've been watching this doe for a while and I believe she is just coming into her cycle. I'll be sure to be in the woods every chance I get the next few days. Maybe she will come across a bigun an drag him along.