Simple question~~~

ted_BSR

Some caveman, after much thought, looked at the Shaman and said "Buffalo chips!!"

I'll take that as agreement with my comment, but I have to point out that Buffalo are a modern animal, and were not likely to be around during "caveman times". :biggrin2:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I'll take that as agreement with my comment, but I have to point out that Buffalo are a modern animal, and were not likely to be around during "caveman times". :biggrin2:

About when were the buffalo "poofed" into existence?

ted_BSR

OK guys, that joke obviously did not crawl up anyone's leg and bite them. Just a joke!!!

atlashunter

Everyone is born an atheist.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Because you have not been told about any higher power. You have no belief or disbelief at birth. You are at the mercy of your culture.

atlashunter

That notion is neither provable nor dis-provable.

Sure it is. Just ask a child who has never been told about God if they believe in God. It's also evidenced as being true by the fact that Christians and churches put time and energy into teaching children about God and Jesus.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
That notion is neither provable nor dis-provable.

I can use myself as an example. I did not know of or have any care in the world about a higher power until I was taught by my parents,family, culture, and surroundings. Had I been marooned on a deserted Island when I was 2yrs old and somehow able to survive without anyone telling me what, how or who I had to worship, I'd still have gotten along just fine talking to the coconuts. There would be no way for me to know I HAD to believe in anything. I would figure I am the only one of my kind and that is the way it is. Never knowing there was anyone else I would not miss anyone or wonder where they went when they died. Having to hunt and fend for myself any deceased sea or land animal used for food would just be part of the circle of life. I would not wonder where they "go" or who they "go to" after I eat them. I'd only be in real trouble when a passing ship filled with people ready to spread the good word landed on the island and TOLD me that I had to believe in a God, not just any God but their God, or else they'd kill me for not being like them. Some people never had a choice to be an atheist.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Sure it is. Just ask a child who has never been told about God if they believe in God. It's also evidenced as being true by the fact that Christians and churches put time and energy into teaching children about God and Jesus.

I can use myself as an example. I did not know of or have any care in the world about a higher power until I was taught by my parents,family, culture, and surroundings. Had I been marooned on a deserted Island when I was 2yrs old and somehow able to survive without anyone telling me what, how or who I had to worship, I'd still have gotten along just fine talking to the coconuts. There would be no way for me to know I HAD to believe in anything. I would figure I am the only one of my kind and that is the way it is. Never knowing there was anyone else I would not miss anyone or wonder where they went when they died. Having to hunt and fend for myself any deceased sea or land animal used for food would just be part of the circle of life. I would not wonder where they "go" or who they "go to" after I eat them. I'd only be in real trouble when a passing ship filled with people ready to spread the good word landed on the island and TOLD me that I had to believe in a God, not just any God but their God, or else they'd kill me for not being like them. Some people never had a choice to be an atheist.

Those are all cute and sweet theories, but consider the global facts that abound within third world country tribes, not effected by European religious influence. They too were born without knowledge of God, but have formed and worshiped their own form of a deity or deities for centuries. Outside of the influential teachings of Atheism, man will create a deity within his own mind as an explanation of what, why and how. It is just human nature.