Dawson Forest late rifle and beyond?

Bowhunterga

Anyone gonna give Dawson Forest one last shot this week? Also curious as to how many people hit the late archery week on DF? I am planning on getting several days in next week. Hope to thin the doe population by 1 more and put some tender meat in the freezer.

beginnersluck

me and a couple of buddies are going. I can only get in the woods in the afternoon, at least until Sat. Darned job! I went last week but didn't have any luck. Came across some good rubs and scrapes, but saw no shooters. Any suggestions? BTW- I hunt the Atlanta tract.

GA DAWG

I'll be there atleast for this weeks hunt.I'm still seeing lots of chasing and all going one here at the house.The bucks at DF should still be going alittle.I guess I'll go hang my stand tomorrow and hunt in the rain wed.

srss

i plan on going but it wont be till saturday and its supposed to be good weather after tonight.

GA DAWG

Not many folks hunting at all :clap: Not a deer checked out as of 1pm today.

Bowhunterga

I saw several trucks this afternoon. As of 4pm still nada checked out though. No doubt the crappy weather this morning dampened more than a few spirits. I suspect it will be more crowded towards the weekend.

GA DAWG

They killed a very good deer wed afternoon.It was a 9pt big spread and mainbeams.They are still there you just got to find em.

Duff

A friend of mine killed a very good buck 3 or 4 miles away from the South gate of DF Wensday afternoon. I'll try and post some pics later.

Bowhunterga

I plan to go back to an area I hunted during bow season tomorrow and hunt every chance I get thru next Sunday. I know there are lots of females i the area I will be hunting, hopefully one of them may be a late rutting yearling. I also know the area to be pretty much ignored by other hunters so if a big boy is in the vicinity maybe he is hiding where he thinks he is safe.

Heres hoping. ::;

Bowhunterga

Well the last Dawson Forest Rifle hunt seemed to be decent. Looking at the sheet today it appeared to have been around 8-10 ( I forgot to count ) bucks taken. 2 of them were huge, the 9 point on Wednesday and then a nice wide 8 pointer that was taken sometime today. I was skunked today. First time I have not seen a single deer since back in Archery season.