KS in 2004........

Limb Hanger

Last year I hunted ~13 straight days before I got a shot at a mature deer this year it only took 2.5 hours? I don't want to sound like a "hero hunter" but when a deer walks buy the first morning of a 10 day hunt you almost always second guess yourself. I actually let him walk last year, at least I think? He had a broken front leg and I let a good 8 walk last year with the same injury? He was pushing 300lbs on hoof this year and sounded like a tank coming through the woods. We pulled his jaw bone and came up with 4.5 years old..........I love hunting KS!

Attachments

• 2004ks2resize.jpg
    2004ks2resize.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 2004ks3resize.jpg
    2004ks3resize.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 145

Duff

You not going to get any pity here for ending your hunt early :bounce: Great job bud and nice buck

Limb Hanger

Nope this wasn't with an outfitter. After alot of miles on vehicles and many vacation hours spent we locked down a super piece of property out their. But this deer was actually taken off of a piece of public land that borders a piece of our private land! KS has some super public hunting if your welling to put in and get drawn for your archery tag, and put in the hours to find a quality piece of public property to hunt!

futuredoc

Nice buck

Just had a friend get back from out there. How much were the nonresident archery tags? Buddy got a nice ten point, but said he saw some really good ones.

fd

Limb Hanger

The nonresident buck tag runs $205, hunting lic 50, and I can't remimber the $ of the game land tag. All together it was right at $300.