How much does your taxidermist charge??

Just 1 More

Just took my daughters deer head to have it mounted... I was shocked to see how high the prices have gotten...
The last one I had mounted was in 1996 and was only $300.00... my guy is up to $425.00 :speechles
Is this about right or is my guy high?

Last edited:

ryano

Banned
never been that fortunate to kill anything worth finding out prices at a Taxidermy but that sounds pretty steep to me ::huh:

I guess it just depends on how you have it mounted.

my cousin took two bucks to one of the locals last year here in Blue Ridge and I think it costed him about 600.00 for both.

nchunter

the taxidermist i go to charges $250 for a shoulder mount

leadoff

GONetwork Member
I had both of my shoulder mounts done last year for under $400. (Not what you know but who you know! ;) )

I believe most folks around Mid-Ga charge in the ball park of $300-$350 per shoulder mount.

DSGB

I paid $250 for a shoulder mount two years ago.

ryano

Banned
hey Cward

Cward said:
My dad is a taxidermist up here in Blue Ridge, GA and he charges $235.00 for a deer shoulder mount. He's been a full time taxidermist for 16 yrs and has not had much of a price increase!!! No offense to Woody at all, but my dad does really great work at very reasonable prices.

Ive been in your dads shop before with a friend of mine........he does do a great job! and has been round these parts for years......good to see another Fannin/Gilmer person here at Woodys :D

C

Cward

Thanks 3and8fan for the compliment. And I love it up here in God's country! :)

GeauxLSU

I wish I knew.... :rolleyes: :eek:
When and if the planets ever align, I'll take him to Woody's.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

leoparddog

Gosh, I just posted the same question on another board. I was afraid of posting it here for some reason.

I killed a nice 7 pointer and after asking around camp I found that several guys reported charging $450 (one in Talbot Co. and one in Lawrenceville). I decided that my 7 pointer was not worth $450 to mount, so I european mounted him myself.

Decided that when I get a nicer deer, I'll take him to Woody.

Jeff Phillips

Woody gets $285, does a great job, and provides us with this forum :clap:

I made the drive to Baldwin with my buck.

H

HT2

A Mount.....

I think the last time I had a deer mounted it was only $150.00 !!!!!!!!!!

Does that tell you how my past season's have went????? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

What are ya'll laughin' at?????? :banginghe

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
My dad has always used Baskins in Sand Hill. Two years ago he charged $275 for a shoulder mount. Notice I said my dad, like the others I've yet to be that lucky.

Duff

woody, What Do You Charge???????

Outdoor-Writer07

In Tallapoosa, Georgia...

I paid 225.00 for a shoulder mount from Larry Davis in Tallapoosa, Ga. He's been in the business for around 15 years and is doing really good work now. He went up 15 dollars from last year. Still, a good price for good work! :fine:

short stop

FOR 4 TO 5 HUNDRED DOLLARS a POP--- I'd be sawin all of em off ---SS ALREADY GOT A HOUSE FULL NOT MUCH MORE ROOM LEFT ----always the bathroom :D SS

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Woody's puter access is down, but he charges about $285. Feel free to call him or visit one of the finest shops around.

Jim

Just 1 More

Being that i'm down here in the big city of Tampa, Fl... Taking my daughters deer head to Woody was not an option. I took it to the same guy I used for my last 3 deer heads as well as my Elk head...I just had no idea a deer head mount went up so much since my last one(i thought he was expensive then). AND, as it seems,,, it's only my guy who is so dang expensive :banginghe
This may just be the last one he gets to do.... but hopefully not the last one I have done.

Latest posts