why must most Christians think their way is the only way?

hummdaddy

i just don't get it . nobody really knows how we got here .their bible is written by man that has been interpreted and rewritten by man many times (we all know what can happen when someone tells a story). it all comes from this story of this mythical god that told this guy what to write .can someone help me see why they think they are better than me ,because i am a good person , family man , faithful to my wife , and raise my son with love .

Huntinfool

The follow-up is does it, somehow, affect you or your life...other than to make you angry apparently?

If you can show me a post in which a Christian has said he/she is better than you, I'll be happy to chastise them (or me...if it was me). That is simply not the case. We have all fallen short of the glory of God (even if you think he's mythical).

Very clearly, Christians do not believe that the Bible is man's work, nor do we believe that God is mythical or made up.

To the question in the title of the thread...here's your answer:

Why must most Christians think their way is the only way?

Most don't....All do. But it's not OUR way. It's God's way...and yes, it is the only way to eternal salvation and life.

There are LOTS of ways to other outcomes. But there is only one way to eternal life and it is found in the glorious name of our savior, Jesus Christ.

Have fun with that one buddy. I can't wait! :bounce:

(nice turkey, BTW)

hummdaddy

The follow-up is does it, somehow, affect you or your life...other than to make you angry apparently?

If you can show me a post in which a Christian has said he/she is better than you, I'll be happy to chastise them (or me...if it was me). That is simply not the case. We have all fallen short of the glory of God (even if you think he's mythical).

Very clearly, Christians do not believe that the Bible is man's work, nor do we believe that God is mythical or made up.

To the question in the title of the thread...here's your answer:

Why must most Christians think their way is the only way?

Most don't....All do. But it's not OUR way. It's God's way...and yes, it is the only way to eternal salvation and life.

There are LOTS of ways to other outcomes. But there is only one way to eternal life and it is found in the glorious name of our savior, Jesus Christ.

Have fun with that one buddy. I can't wait! :bounce:

(nice turkey, BTW)

the difference between you and me is i don't want to change your mind . believe what you believe and that's it .i am not saying my way is the only way , because i don't even know what way that is .that has not been proven ,fictional books have been written.evolution could have happened .we could be an alien science project.we figured out test tube babies a few years back ,and cloning not long ago.that is proven stuff to me .none of this makes my way any better than yours , but don't tell me yours is the only way

Huntinfool

I'm sorry man. I will tell you all day long that God's way is the only way. I do hate it that it's offensive to you. But I will not apologize for it.

You're right about one thing. I do want to change your mind. I'm commanded to spread the gospel to all the world. I don't understand why you find it offensive that I would want to include you in what I have.

You indicate that you're "ok" with me believing what I want to believe and that you don't know for sure either way. But then you literally mock my beliefs in every single post that you put in these forums. So, at the very least....you're convinced that you've ruled ONE way out, right?

hummdaddy

I'm sorry man. I will tell you all day long that God's way is the only way. I do hate it that it's offensive to you. But I will not apologize for it.

You're right about one thing. I do want to change your mind. I'm commanded to spread the gospel to all the world. I don't understand why you find it offensive that I would want to include you in what I have.

You indicate that you're "ok" with me believing what I want to believe and that you don't know for sure either way. But then you literally mock my beliefs in every single post that you put in these forums. So, at the very least....you're convinced that you've ruled ONE way out, right?

i don't believe the bible ... i believe there was something that created us , but not like the bible says

Huntinfool

What makes more sense to you?

Or, rather, why doesn't Genesis make sense to you if you believe that something created us?

centerpin fan

... can someone help me see why they think they are better than me ...

Christians are called to preach the gospel. In His final words on this earth, Jesus told His followers to go into all the world and make disciples. If somebody hands you a tract or invites you to church, it doesn't mean they think they're better than you. They're just doing what Christians are supposed to do. If you're not interested, just politely decline the offer.

jmharris23

Because our Savior whom we follow told us this was so...what else can we say?

rjcruiser

the difference between you and me is i don't want to change your mind

Wow. I just can't reconcile that statement with the rest of your posts on this forum.:confused:

TripleXBullies

I have seen the better than you attitude in one definite way. I've seen many of you say that someone who doesn't live for god is selfish and only does good things for selfish reasons. While people who live for god are completely selfless in doing good things. Telling someone that they do good for selfish reasons comes off that their good isn't as good.

hummdaddy

What makes more sense to you?

Or, rather, why doesn't Genesis make sense to you if you believe that something created us?

i read that as mother nature/evolution and possible alien creation ..never have i read that ,only thing i had read before was the adam and eve

Mako22

BANNED
i just don't get it . nobody really knows how we got here .their bible is written by man that has been interpreted and rewritten by man many times (we all know what can happen when someone tells a story). it all comes from this story of this mythical god that told this guy what to write .can someone help me see why they think they are better than me ,because i am a good person , family man , faithful to my wife , and raise my son with love .

I keep hearing about these mythical Christians that think they are better than others but I have NEVER met one. In all my years around church I have never met a Christian who really thought that they were better than anyone else. I have had my personal stand against sin interpreted as thinking I am better than others but thats just not the case. Just because some Christians refuse to join you in your sin does not indicate that they feel superior to you. All of the self righteous superior feeling people I know are lost, on their way to the lake of fire and full of themselves.

jason4445

Because it is the strongest of the spiritual needs that a human requires to believe that their way of religious belief is the on correct and true was to believe. It is an off shoot of pride and ego. It is like a fundamentalist Christian once commented - if you don't believe your religion is the only true way for your eternal soul to go to heaven then why believe it in the first place.

It is something you find in any religion and in the major religions it get pared down to endless sects, cults and denominations - each one believing their is the only true way.

The believers of any religion will tell you that their religious book, of which each believe is the word of God will tell you that their way is the only way. Well of course it does - what do you think it is going to say that this religion is awesome, fantastic, and great, but it may or may not get you into heaven. And right after their word of God tell you it is the only way to heaven then it tells you how much money you need to contribute "to God" to participate in the religion. Like God, needs no material things and if so can create anything, but he wants money.

Really it is my belief that God loves all of his creation and it makes no difference to him in what manner his creation loves him back.

gtparts

I have seen the better than you attitude in one definite way. I've seen many of you say that someone who doesn't live for god is selfish and only does good things for selfish reasons. While people who live for god are completely selfless in doing good things. Telling someone that they do good for selfish reasons comes off that their good isn't as good.

While way too prevalent, the attitude of superiority you find offensive should be offensive to Christians also. The God we worship has made it clear that the choice is between (1) joyfully serving Him or the only real alternative, (2) serving ourselves. Now, I've heard it argued that non-believers do good things based on noble motives and I have no doubt that they do. The problem is that doing good things does not solve the issue of whether one worships and serves God. There is a way that God says is the very best we can experience this life and all eternity and there are all the ways that man believes to be best that exclude God. The two ways are not compatible because all the ways of man deny God His rightful position in their lives.

But, the bottom line on the OP is this: Christians have no reason or right to feel or exhibit an attitude of superiority. They are relationally where they are because of the grace of God.

What doesn't make sense to me is that so many irrationally reject God on the basis of what imperfect men have said and done, rather than evaluating God on the basis of who He is and what He has done for them. It would appear that some, thinking themselves rational, are not rational about their beliefs concerning God.

hummdaddy

I keep hearing about these mythical Christians that think they are better than others but I have NEVER met one. In all my years around church I have never met a Christian who really thought that they were better than anyone else. I have had my personal stand against sin interpreted as thinking I am better than others but thats just not the case. Just because some Christians refuse to join you in your sin does not indicate that they feel superior to you. All of the self righteous superior feeling people I know are lost, on their way to the lake of fire and full of themselves.[/QUOT

i don't believe there is a lake of fire ,and i certainly have done nothing wrong to be sent to one . i live just as good as you so called christians , i just don't believe in a book.i think you die , your six feet under or cremated and that's it .your spirit hangs here on earth (i believe in ghost)

1john4:4

I keep hearing about these mythical Christians that think they are better than others but I have NEVER met one. In all my years around church I have never met a Christian who really thought that they were better than anyone else. I have had my personal stand against sin interpreted as thinking I am better than others but thats just not the case. Just because some Christians refuse to join you in your sin does not indicate that they feel superior to you. All of the self righteous superior feeling people I know are lost, on their way to the lake of fire and full of themselves.

Good post!

TripleXBullies

Good post!

Really? Did he have a gavel in his hand?? He was saying it himself.. He's better than the christians he knows that are self righteous. They're going to he11 for what they're doing, but he's got it right. How is that not, "I am better than they are?"