Eider Decoy

Scott R

Haven't been able to carve or paint much this summer due to work. With the time crunch a normal 2 hr paint scheme on this bird tunred into 3 months....but it's done.

This one will be migrating to Rhode Island as soon as I get a keel on it and float test it. The new owner accepted the adoption this afternoon:D He also promised kill pics.

004_crop-9.jpg

jwb72

That's pretty nice! Wish I could do that, but I can't even carve a jack-o-lantern worth a hoot. lol

duckyaker90

Looks good, just curious how many hours goes in a single decoy. Ive thought about giving it a try, not sure if I have the patience tho lol. But enjoy doin what you do man.

killerv

MOVED!? So I am assuming they are going to move all homemade duck blinds to the hobbies and crafts sections, any boat talk to the boats section, any pics of duck mounts someone got back to the taxidermy sections, any discussion about shot size and shells to the gun section....what is gonna be left in the waterfowl section? I am sure people can discuss plastic decoys in it, why not a handcarved decoy that a boy from Georgia carved...just plain wierd over here

Scott R

Got a PM from the moderator as to why it was moved. At least there was an explanation. Makes no sense.....but it was an explantion.

Glad it was moved here I guess where no waterfowler will see it. :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

I'm sure I'll comment again later tonight on this subject

Larry Young Jr

Scott, awesome work, it looks really good. Now if you would carve 11 more and paint them. I will take them up north and try them out. LOL.
Good work Scott
Larry

Robk

Scott, awesome work, it looks really good. Now if you would carve 11 more and paint them. I will take them up north and try them out. LOL.
Good work Scott
Larry

love to have that on my mantle here but we just use old clorox bottles and some black paint to make eider dekes that work. much better and cheaper. Eiders are stupid.

Larry, Let me know when you come up. The eiders are thick here and will only get thicker.

Larry Young Jr

love to have that on my mantle here but we just use old clorox bottles and some black paint to make eider dekes that work. much better and cheaper. Eiders are stupid.

Larry, Let me know when you come up. The eiders are thick here and will only get thicker.

I sure they look better than this one. It sounds great give me a call.
Thanks
Larry100_2922.jpg

killerv

I love the fact that old clorox bottles are "much better"....you sure wasted a bunch of time carving and and painting that bird ScottR, I would have given you some old clorox bottles if you were in a pinch

Scott R

Here's the bird I got in the trade for the Eider. Mike sent me a pic today.

OH My Gosh......could that the new owner I mention in the original post that caused it to get moved because someone thought I selling birds?

wig2_edited-1.jpg

Scott R

Love that site. I have a lot of good friends there that enjoy carving and trading decoys. Really a super laid back site.

Do you post anything there? Hard to keep up with who's who on other sites with all the screen names.

dawgcpa

Decoycarvinforum

No, I dont post there much at all. I used to carve a few birds but havent done much in a few years. Getting the itch again and actually attached the vise to the workbench last week. Im surprised and excited to see some birds on here. Keep it up!