Easement to a Hunting Lease

Huntfish53

I have a lease agreement with a landowner for hunting rights to 20 acres of land. The land used to be landlocked but now has a 20' easement. I have a copy of the surveyed easement. The easement is on paper but it isn't actually a driveway, it is just woods. The landowner that the easement runs through is trying to block me from accessing the easement because it is not a driveway. How do I access it? Can I just walk the easement into the property? Does the landowner I lease from need to have a driveway put in? Does an easement even come with a lease?? Thanks.

skiff23

You can walk the easement , but not hunt it. Unload your gun as you proceed through it so they cant say you where hunting.The land owner needs to be advised of such trouble also. He has the ultimate say in the easement and will have to be the one who has to handle the problem.

safebuilder

I had the same situation years ago. After explaining that the easement was just that...ingress and egress there were no more problems

Huntfish53

The survey I have on it says 20' ingress and egress.... so does that mean I can ride my 4-wheeler on it?

Sargent

If you had to have a driveway for easements to be valid, I'd go into the concrete business tomorrow.

westcobbdog

I would also let the landowner know what kind of vehicle will be parked on or near his land,too, too avoid more trouble with this person.