Clay shooting/Pond land

I've been thinking about buying some land to use for shooting clays and possibly also setting up a farm type pond for fishing. Not a commercial operation, just for myself family and friends. Does anyone have any insight on how doable this would be, especially on where you would look for land?

It looks like I would need 30 acres for a full regulation skeet setup, 12 acres for trap.

I know there is some land available quite cheaply due to the current real estate market. I'd like for it to be as close to north atlanta as possible, but I also realize that is rather expensive. Up 400 or (9)85 or maybe (5)75 would be ideal.

I've seen a few failed subdivisions that look ideal, in that they are not really appealing for someone looking for a farm or personal home.

I also imagine there might be problems with shooting as it pertains to noise and things. I know even Etowah Valley Sporting Clays has gotten complaints, and it's pretty far out, so I would be worried about anything near a lot of houses.

I don't really know anything about setting up farm ponds, but I'd really like to have one I can access pretty close to home. My initial concern would be how it would effect resale value. I imagine any land remotely near Atlanta could be an investment in the long run, I would need to consider that looking at prices.