dog training collars

woco hunter

I picked up this training collar at a pawn shop and cant seem to get it to work. everything lights up but when I put my finger on the contacts and mash all the buttons nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong or did I just make a bad purchase? Any help would be appreciatted. I dont know what model it is but here is a picture.
photobucket-3865-1315351398581.jpg

SarahFair

I picked up this training collar at a pawn shop and cant seem to get it to work. everything lights up but when I put my finger on the contacts and mash all the buttons nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong or did I just make a bad purchase? Any help would be appreciatted. I dont know what model it is but here is a picture.
photobucket-3865-1315351398581.jpg

Hmm...
I have close to the same one (same brand and looks about the same)
How long did you hold the button down?
How long did you charge it up for?

woco hunter

I charged them over night and just held buttons down a few seconds. The lights on the collars blink when they're on and the controller lights up when a button is pressed.

GA DAWG

You gotta strap it around your neck to feel it.

woco hunter

Paid $80. Haven't put it on my neck yet but I did turn it up to eight and didn't feel anything or get any beeping.

rabbithound

go check the website for the manufacturer (sportdog) .... my bet is the collar and receiver need to be "married" ..... not sure, just a thought