Snake ID please

jman9977

Wife found this one under the carport today. About 7" long. She put it in a glass jar and it strikes at everything that gets close. Looked online put can not find what can it is.

Thanks for the help
Jim

Attachments

• snake.jpg
    snake.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 400
  • snake1.jpg
    snake1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 407

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
I was gonna say corn snake........... where's germag when ya need him?:smash:

mdgmc84

Im with flintdiver, there was a similar snake id pic on this forum a while back. seems like that was what everyone finally agreed on.

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yep...looks like a baby black racer to me.

jman9977

Thanks everyone. Glad it's not a poisons one.:O I let it go behind the barn. Maybe it will be thankful and help keep the rats down. :cool:

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks everyone. Glad it's not a poisons one.:O I let it go behind the barn. Maybe it will be thankful and help keep the rats down. :cool:

Excellent!!! Good job. Yeah, it will help keep the rodent population down and will also occasionally dine on venomous snakes, given the opportunity.

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
Nice job giving it a pass.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Baby black racer. They will eat rattlesnakes. Watched one do it on my property. Good snake!

swamp hunter

DANG ! . I didn,t know that They changed Colors as They Mature And I got lot,s of Black Racers round the House. Been seein Them for Years .

MrBull

Yep, corn snakes have similar colors but a little different pattern.

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
DANG ! . I didn,t know that They changed Colors as They Mature And I got lot,s of Black Racers round the House. Been seein Them for Years .

Yep, they sure do.....coachwhips are very similar too.