A question for the pro lifers

atlashunter

There is a thread over on the spiritual forum with a video of Ray Comfort making an analogy between abortion and Nazi's engaged in the holocaust, the specific case he cites being burying Jews alive with a bulldozer.

So assuming that logic holds water here is a simple question.

What should happen to women who have an abortion?

Should they receive the same treatment that one should receive for burying people alive?

centerpin fan

There is a thread over on the spiritual forum with a video of Ray Comfort making an analogy between abortion and Nazi's engaged in the holocaust, the specific case he cites being burying Jews alive with a bulldozer.

Should they receive the same treatment that one should receive for burying people alive?

I didn't watch the video (I never do) but, no, they should not be treated like Nazi butchers. There are two victims in every abortion, the baby and the mother.

ted_BSR

God will judge them, and or forgive them.

Logic does not hold water in regards to this discussion.

JB0704

I Gots Goats

It doesn't. And I think you know that.

I do not agree with capital punishment to start with.

I think those who commit abortion take a human life. Once society agrees on that premise, then society can determine the, or lack of, consequences.

Because I am pretty certain where the question is leading......I always wonder at the emotional arguments made in an effort to uphold abortion. But, two people must agree on where human life begins before hypothetical situations can be logically discussed. Otherwise, neither side will seem logical to the other. Same as in arguments over faith.......

JB0704

I Gots Goats
There are two victims in every abortion, the baby and the mother.

I don't watch the videos either. But, I do not think the mother is always a victim. An abortion of convenience is not something I would claim the mother is victimized by.

atlashunter

All good responses and good points. The other thread seemed to have some people very impressed with Ray's line of reasoning. I just wanted to see where it ultimately led to. If I thought an abortion was morally equivalent to using a bulldozer to bury Jews alive it would be a logical conclusion for me to expect comparable punishments.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
If I thought an abortion was morally equivalent to using a bulldozer to bury Jews alive it would be a logical conclusion for me to expect comparable punishments.

I went to a Christian college, and had to read and write on literature which compared abortion to slavery. Folks just come up with some weird stuff to make a point. They should drop the morality aspect and define when human life and rights begin.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I went to a Christian college, and had to read and write on literature which compared abortion to slavery. Folks just come up with some weird stuff to make a point. They should drop the morality aspect and define when human life and rights begin.

You and Centerpin Fan should watch the vid and see how Ray Comfort uses his "techniques" to lead the people to the answers he wants. The people interviewed seemed hand picked for the just the right amount of intelligence Ray needed to carry on with his routine. I love to see the video of people interviewed that did not make the final cut.

stringmusic

I haven't watched the video(and I don't even know who Ray Comfort is), but it sounds like me and ol' Ray have about the same viewpoint on abortion.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I don't understand how anyone could not watch the video and form any sort of opinion.
I now get a better understanding of how "oral tradition" works. Get a piece of the story from someone else and form an opinion or belief from it.

Havana Dude

I didn't watch the video either. So I may be speaking out of turn here, but as long as abortion is legal, there should be no consequences at all. My stance , whether it be pro life or pro choice is quite inconsequential.

Madman

If I thought an abortion was morally equivalent to using a bulldozer to bury Jews alive it would be a logical conclusion for me to expect comparable punishments.

Society has been brainwashed into believing a pre-fourth trimester baby is not a baby, just a mass of tissue, however, since the invention of the sonogram it is quite evident that is not true. Let’s leave the mothers out of the discussion; they are going to have enough to deal with on their own “post abortion”.
They have been duped, do we prosecute those who have been scammed by a flim-flam artist or just the flim-flam man?

That is why Planned Parenthood and other pro abortion groups are trying to get sonograms outlawed in true parenting centers.

Sorry that was off topic. Anyone who has ever witnessed or seen the tapes of an abortion would agree it is as bad or worse than burying someone with a bulldozer. Some of you may think there is nothing more gentle than sucking the limbs off a baby as it tries to get away from the suction tube or maybe delivering the head and forcing scissors into the base of the brain to kill it, but I don't

The point was “ABORTION IS THE KILLING OF A HUMAN” why is it ok in this situation and not in others. Ya'll all claim to be good moral people, Why can you kill a 4 month old baby and not a 20 month old baby?

I am sure the salvation story at the end is what some have a problem with but Ray always offers that for the benefit of whomever he is talking too.

Remember, all it takes is a little faith, and that will grow into life eternal.
Glad you got to hear it again.

Madman

I don't understand how anyone could not watch the video and form any sort of opinion.
I now get a better understanding of how "oral tradition" works. Get a piece of the story from someone else and form an opinion or belief from it.

What piece of the story did you hear?

Huntinfool

I did watch the video....all of it...even though I wanted to turn if off several times.

The question in the OP is "what should happen to women who have an abortion"?

My answer? Nothing. It's legal. As has already been posted...God will ultimately judge.

Now, let me turn this around a bit. Suppose the U.S. govt somehow has a change of heart and all of a sudden an unborn child is declared to be a living human being from the moment of conception (from a legal standpoint).

A woman has an abortion and so, from a legal standpoint going forward, she is considered to have committed murder.

"What should happen to a women who have an abortion?"

You're only recoiling at the moral equivalent comparison because of two things. #1, it's legal so you're trying to bait pro-lifers into saying she should be executed...not so. Rule of law is rule of law. #2, you don't equate an unborn "fetus" with a life, so the comparison holds no water for you.

To the pro-lifer who believes a child is a child and a living person from the moment of conception, it is murder. From a legal standpoint, pre-meditated murder is pre-meditated murder.

If Roe V Wade was overturned and abortion made illegal because a child is considered a human from conception, then yes.....she should be put on trial for 1st deg murder and the death penalty considered.

I figured that last part would make you guys happy....have fun!

For those of you who are commenting and haven't taken the time to watch it. I hope the mods see fit to leave this up since it's part of the video that seems to have survived. But, if it's too much, I understand. Take it down if you have to.

You guys tell me. Take a look at this "fetus" at 24 weeks. What should we do with someone who would do this?

Picture1.jpg

Not a person......right?

I gotta be honest. I'm going to stay out of this thread. I'm pounding on my keyboard as I type each letter I'm so angry. God forgive my anger. Change our hearts. Forgive our genocide.

centerpin fan

What kills me is politicians who claim to be "personally opposed" to abortion, but then vote as if it's no more serious than getting a tooth pulled.

TripleXBullies

The point was “ABORTION IS THE KILLING OF A HUMAN” why is it ok in this situation and not in others. Ya'll all claim to be good moral people, Why can you kill a 4 month old baby and not a 20 month old baby?

I am pro life.. I think a woman and a man should be responsible enough to only let it happen when it should..

Rape - man irresponsible (generally)

Not taking BC to rope a man in - woman irresponsible

When it might be ok - supernatural conception - she didn't have ANY choice :)

stringmusic

I haven't watched the video(and I don't even know who Ray Comfort is), but it sounds like me and ol' Ray have about the same viewpoint on abortion.

I watched the whole video...... yep, me and ol' Ray have the same viewpoint on abortion.

Madman

So if you watched the whole thing then you believe that the story about Jews being buried alive and shot and burned by the Nazis under the orders of Adolf Hitler was "oral tradition"?