The Chase

stumpshooter

Went home for turkey day and couldnt help but go to Cades Cove. Unfortunately only got close to one buck. It wuz purty windy that saturday. I did see plenty of GA tags and even one GON sticker.

Attachments

• © 2004 Doug Ricker 6.JPG
    © 2004 Doug Ricker 6.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 397

stumpshooter

I followed him back in the woods about 300 yrds and sat down and watched him chase a doe. I only got nevervous once when he put his head down and came about 20yrds from me. Couldnt focus the camera though! :eek:

Attachments

• © 2004 Doug Ricker Rub.JPG
    © 2004 Doug Ricker Rub.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 395

stumpshooter

He did stop and the doe snuck around behind me but he sure enough was watching her every move.

Attachments

• © 2004 Doug Ricker 3.JPG
    © 2004 Doug Ricker 3.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 387

nchunter

cool pics stump,thanks for sharing

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Went to Cades Cove on Thanksgiving about 4 years ago. Man the deer where rutting fierce. Got to watch two brusiers get in a stare down. Both were ready to fight but didn't. That would have been awesome. Did see another 10pt chasing two does. Your pics are great.

striper commander

I have a pic of the same buck i went up before christmas and saw a lot of chasing. Got pics of several 140 class deer. I need to get a digital camera i want to put my pics on here but i don't have a way to do it. I have some cool trail cam pics.