Spraying wheels and trim

TripleXBullies

A buddy of mine painted his stock Tacoma wheels with vinyl spray paint made for spraying chain link fence that turned out pretty nice. These wheels came on my truck and I don't really want to buy new ones. The truck is a 2003 and the wheels seems almost as old. The fake bead lock screws have a little bit of rust on them. I figure I can't really harm them. I also want to spray the silver molding, billet grill and nerf bars. I figure I'll clean and then hit them all with some 400 grit. For now I'm going to leave the other parts of the grill and the rear bumper.

Ideas? Suggestions?

xterra013.jpg

xterra014.jpg

xterra015.jpg

MonroeTaco

Some Toyota Tacoma owners are using Plasti-dip spray on their wheels. You don't have to sand, and if you want it off, you can peel it off without ruining the wheels. I haven't tried it, but may do it soon. Look it up on www. tacomaworld.com.

TripleXBullies

I have heard of that.. Haven't read too much other than it doesn't seem like it would be very durable. I don't beat my truck much either though. The paint by buddy used took $25 for all 4 wheels.

rjcruiser

Silver paint will work too. However, it would be more permanent than what you described. Hit it with some sandpaper and spray with silver rustoleum. That is what I used on the 3 wheeler rims in my avatar. Made them look new again.

coltday

I saw some paint today made for rims and some for trim. Dupli-Color I believe. Saw it at O'Reillys. Also check out the Fusion paint, I believe they have different applications

TripleXBullies

Yeah, I've seen the wheel paint before. I really want black now anyway. I paid my buddy to get me the fence paint. I got some 400 grit and some wheel cleaner. Hopefully I'll get to it this weekend.

kg4ghn

I've been wanting to do this for awhile, just haven't gotten around to it yet. My little bro sprayed the wheels on his beater F150 with regular black rustoleum and it looks good.

biggsteve

Gone But Not Forgotten
on the web....look up 'eastwood' paint products.

tons of ideas and products designed for trucks, not fences. lol