Shopping for custom knife...

Jason059

I have always enjoyed looking at the knives that many of you make and showcase here. I am unfamiliar with the general prices for various models and hope that it's not presumptuous for me to inquire like this? I am certain that many are super expensive and well worth every penny. However, anything in the $100-$200 dollar range? Any response would be appreciated!

Razor Blade

I would love to build you a knife to your specs, as i am sure that any one here would. The thing to do would be to pick out the style of knife you like , because every knifemaker on here has their style. Go back thru some of the threads in the hobbies and crafts , and also the hobbies for sale items , and choose a maker from there that makes something you like. Any maker here could make you what ever you want when you decide what that is. Let me know if i can help. Scott

Last edited:

Blue grass in Georgia

Do your homework for sure. Figure out which style and materials will fit your needs and wants the best. There are alot of very good craftsman on this forum and I'm quite sure most can build you a top quality knife in your price range. Good luck and let me know if I can help also. Thanks, Danny Ray.

marknga

GONetwork Member
As mentioned, go through and look at past post and see if you find something or someone's work that appeals to you. Then get with that maker and discuss what you want; materials and blade type, etc and let them give you a quote. I promise you that you will not be dissappointed.
Let us know what you get!
Mark

John I. Shore

I always ask customers "what do you want it to do"? What are you going to use it for. That leads towards getting the right knife for the individual. Let me know if I can help, even if you want another maker to make it, maybe I could help with design.

Good luck with it.
John I.
Messermacher

Anvil Head

Jason
Ever decide on what you are looking for?
Lot of excellent makers here in Ga and pretty much anyone of them can help you out. Just have to be more specific on what you want.
I know a lot of these guys through the Georgia Guild, they won't do you wrong.
All of my knives are handforged from recycled steels (old world Green). I rarely make any two alike (get bored with repetition).
I have a gallery on www.georgiaknifemakersguild.com if you are interested.
But as I said - any of these guys will do you right and work with you on getting you what you want. Happy shopping.....there's is nothing like using a handmade custom knife (except maybe a custom flyrod).

throwdown

X2 on Scott's knives, They absolutely rock. I have so far skinned 3 deer and 4 hog's and have yet to sharpen it.

the r.o.c.

i ordered a knife from scott "razorblades" d. the way i justify the cost is by saying, " im going to keep it the rest of my life". its a knife that scott has made, but we talked about several things, the length, thickness, dull or shinny finish, color of handle and material of handle, and the sheath. you cant go to the hardware and get a knife like this.

BlackBore

I bought a Muela knife a few years back. It was a beautiful knife, super sharp, and a nice stag horn handle. I used it this yr to skin and clean a deer. I would highly recommend Muela knives to anyone.