Hvac

cb3725

I tested out my heater about two weeks ago and everything worked. During the past few months, my AC has been working just fine as well. During the night last night, I got up to turn my heater on and nothing happened. Today after church, I came home and tested a few things to see what might be the problem.

I set my t-stat to heat, cranked up the target temp to 80, nothing. I switched it to cool, put the target down to 60, still nothing. Changed the batteries and no effect. I can't even get the fan to come on at all. I have electric air and gas heat.

Does it sound like a thermostat issue since both ac and heat were working two weeks ago, and now neither of them are?

bamaboy

Sounds like a fuse could be blown on your circuit board in the furnace. If not a fuse could be a safety on your furnace. PM me and I can tell you some things to check, I do HVAC as my career.

divinginn

Check the on off switch for the furnace,check your breakers in the panel,then if you cant find it take a electrical meter and check for power in your furnace switch,if power there check your low voltage transformer inside the furnace for power,it should be outputting about 24 volts,I think.

modern_yeoman

Probably the little 3-5 watt fuse. check the contactor also...

Last edited:

eidson

Total power loss to the system. Like the others said maybe the fuse on the circut board.