No Heat!!

BuckHunter31

I have two furnaces in my home, one for each level. The main level furnace is cutting on and off in the attic but the fan stays on while running and blowing slightly warm air. The upstairs one is is staying on while running and blowing hot air like it should. I just replaced the air filters when we recently moved in. The main level just wont get warm. What could be the problem with the furnace? Thank you in advance.

Sterlo58

Is it electric or gas ? Is it an actual furnace or a heat pump?

BuckHunter31

It is gas. The one working right has a blue glow coming from the inside of it. The one not working has an orange or red glow.

JuliaH

Sounds like you need the one serviced. Those orange or red flames are why you are not getting any heat. That tells us it is not getting enough oxygen so that it cannot efficiently burn the gas. We have our heating and air system checked twice a year just so we don't run into these sorts of problems...

It would make sense that if the house sat vacant for a while before you moved in that there could be a need for a checkup on at least the one system and the upstairs system would have a hard time getting the downstairs warm at all...

Julia

I have two furnaces in my home, one for each level. The main level furnace is cutting on and off in the attic but the fan stays on while running and blowing slightly warm air. The upstairs one is is staying on while running and blowing hot air like it should. I just replaced the air filters when we recently moved in. The main level just wont get warm. What could be the problem with the furnace? Thank you in advance.

maker4life

Sounds like the orange glow you're seeing is the hot surface ignition . Burners probably aren't igniting and could be a couple of different causes . You need to call someone .

jcountry

Yep-

Get a tech out to see what the deal is. I had problems for a couple of years with mine. It would kick the fan on, but the burners kept going out. The guy finally figured out what was going on -after about 4 visits and a new regulator:

The line from the propane tank to the house came out of the ground, and right where the soil touched the iron, it was rusted through in one spot. The regulator wasn't causing low pressure, a small rust hole in the pipe was. I never would have figured that out-the rust hole was precisely where the soil contacted the metal and electrolysis was happening.

eidson

Make sure the t/stat fan switch is not in the on positon. If it is when the system shuts down the fan will still run and blow luke warm air. If you haven't had it fixed yet PM me. I am a full time tech. and have been for 16yrs.