camden county

holton27596

My wife and I have about 8 years before we can come home, but we are looking to get a place now. We have found several lots (20-50 acres) in camden county that we are really interested in. Most are around Woodbine. I like woodbine, good hunting and fishing, land prices are very reasonable right now, especially around Camden reserve.

My question is: what are the good and bad about that area and what should we be alert for? Thanks.

westcobbdog

a good Realtor is free to you and worth their weight in gold, find one that will represent your interests, not the Sellers.

coltday

I live about 30 minutes from Woodbine, I think the area is ok and you can get land CHEAP there. When the real estate boom was happening around Brunswick everyone and their brother went to buying up land, now most is bank owned and what isn't you can get cheap. You are close to fresh and salt water with alot of deer and hogs as well. I'm heading that way to do some work in the morning, I will ask the people who live there if they like it and the good and the bad for ya!

coltday

Seems like a nice little town, about 20 minutes from Kingsland or Brunswick to hit wally world or something more than Woodbine can offer. One guy mentioned the only theft he knows of is scrap metal but that was more less in town. There is a cool little place down there that on Friday nights all the local picker and singers come out and put on a show.

holton27596

Thanks coltday. I appreciate the work. Im pretty sure that Captain stans is where the bands are. He makes some great ribs.

PaDawg

I think you will be very surprised when you see these lots. I looked at some of these not too long ago. I'll be interested to hear your opinion. The lots are at least 45 mins from Wallyworld and well out of Woodbine, if there are the same ones. The bad are the sand gnats. Just hate those them suckers. What are you looking for in the area? I've lived here for a long time so any questions let me know

Chum

I live in north Camden and LOVE it! I grew up down in St. Marys, which until recently always had a small town feel to it. After moving away for school and what not, my wife and I decided to move back. We chose to live in the north end of the county for much of the same reason you mentioned, but mainly we wanted to get away from the towns and people. We're still only 10-20 minutes away from grocery stores or restaurants...and it's nice to walk into the local convenience store and say hello to Jay or Carl (owner/attendant), and talking with the old timers gathered around the table enjoying their morning coffee and fixing the worlds problems. As far as the great outdoors, it really is top notch in my opinion. There are two boat launches within 5 minutes from my house with access to the salt march and Burnt Fort boat launch is only about 20 min. away if you are into the fresh water adventures. As someone else mentioned, the wildlife is also in abundance in the north end including deer, hogs, turkey, etc. I truly think that it is one of the best places in the world!

holton27596

We are looking at several lots tomorrow. A couple are in Camden reserve jsut outside of whit oak, about 10-15 minutes from Woodbine. Ive been there before. Lots of deer turkey and hogs there. no problem with gnats. The more isolated an area is the better I like it.!

holton27596

Appreciate the info Chum. Ive been hog/gator hunting there for sevral years and I have had family in St Marys as well when it was small.

holton27596

pretty, but dont want a house ( we want to design our own as it will be our last.) and want a lot more land , at least 30 acres. Then i can hunt.

holton27596

One of the places (in waverly) was a ripoff. The pics the realtor had posted have nothing to do with the property??? Cant figure that one out. There is one lot in Camden reserve we are really ionterested in, but it has not come up for sale yet. oak grove looks nice and may be interesting.

Chum

Are there any homes built out in Camden Reserve? I've driven through there before and didn't recall any but that was maybe two years ago. I'm sure if the owner of the property you are interested in finds out they will be more than ready to make a deal. A lot of property exchanged hands out here a few years ago, now everyone is sitting on it paying taxes...

holton27596

No house yet, but a couple of properties have just been cleared. Dont know if they are fixing to build or not. There are 2 homes in the oak grove subdivision so far.

holton27596

Chum, I reckon we will be neighbors on a few years. We just bought 32 acres on hwy259 across from oak grove church/subdivision. There are a couple of other lots we are also interested in. Tons of turkey, hogs, and deer, cant wait to get back down there.

holton27596

padawg, the lots on 110 were covered in sand gnats, at camden preserve did not see any, less than 10 miles out of woodbine on 259.