Coyote Help

Bowhunter58

I am new to coyote hunting and was looking to see if any one had to suggestions on call sequences, how much calling is to much, what sounds and when to use them any thing that will help get rid of these jokers. We just got the Fox Pro Wildfire downloaded with a little bit of everything. Also just got a decoy but havent used it yet. We have access to about 3000 acres in Appling Co. and have been twice but havent managed to close the deal on one yet. Last weekend we drove around until we got some to answer back to the locator call but they never would come out. Also we havent heard or seen them in the afternoon only at night. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, there are some brave coyotes down there that are coming into my inlaws yard messing with their dog and have they have done killed a pile of baby goats.

benosmose

I hunt them in the mornings til lunch if you use that decoy be ready to shoot sometimes they come straight for it on a rope and wont stop i use the two rabbit distress on my foxpro my favorite says adult cottontail be wary of the wind they will wind you and not come in i do not fool with the locating them just make set ups where you think they are fields and openings where you can see or in bottoms where you can hear him coming turn the call on for 1 min or 2 then mute in a min turn it back on a few min if a coyote dont show up within first 5 min he prob aint coming or that has been my experience be ready from the start is my best advice and good luck.

j_seph

If you got them to answer a locator call while driving around chances are they heard you driving around as well and the game was up