Gas milage on the Ford F150 Ecoboost

LTE

Been reading alot about this truck, especially the engine. It seems ungodly good.

NRA just did a review on it as well and the numbers are quite impressive.

Anyone here have one? Namely a 2WD model? Getting over 20 to the gallon? Thoughts about the engine in general?

willholl79

From what I have read, you can expect over 20 mpgs on a 2wd model with 3:10 gears.

There are three gear options: 3:10, 3:55, 3:73.

I think you can get a 2wd in any of the 3, but 4wd in 3:55 and 3:73.

skiff23

A buddy of mine has one and I ride with him often. I have noticed the milage and it is above 21 in his truck and it is a 4x4. He doesnt drive hard, but does move on. That paticular truck is the quietest , smoothess truck i have ever been in. I fussed at him one day about dragging around and he said he already had one ticket and did not want another because he was running 65 mph. I was shocked. I am looking at one now for our family ride. The truck really impressed me and that isn't even talking about the power , that is a whole nother brag !

rawolfee

My boss recently got one of these for his new company truck. His is a 4 door, 2wd version. He does mostly highway driving and has been claiming that he gets 24+ mpg from it.

coltday

I've also heard VERY good reviews on these motors. My only question is why did it take them so long. This technology has been around for awhile. Now only if they would start putting small diesel engines in the 1/2 ton trucks! There is someone on the forum that posted in this section not too long ago stating they had one, they were very impressed as well with the ecoboost.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Must be nice. My 2001 Super crew 4X4 is a GAS HOG!!

But it has been paid off for years....................

frdstang90

Go test drive one. I promise you will be hooked. They are very impressive with power and fuel ecomomy both. They will run off and hide from my 5.4 liter. If I could afford one I would have one in a heartbeat.

bb17

Work in the service department at a Ford Dealer. Only had one come in for the check engine light on and someone at the factory forgot to plug up and ego sensor. No complaints on poor gas mileage and usually when you fall below the mileage advertised you hear about it.

quackertackr

I bought one about 3 weeks ago and have been pretty impressed, it is 4x4 with 3.55 gears. I drove from covington to Dahlonega and back last week and avg. 19mpg. I didn't feel that was to bad since it was partly in the foothills and I stayed off of the interstate. Around town I am seeing about 18-19.

HossBog

I am on two Ford truck forums and have been reading everything I find about the EcoBoost, etc. There were some production months, last spring through about August I think, that there were transmission problems. Go to the F150 forums and begin doing some reading about them.

I'm like frdstang above, I would probably get one, if I could afFord it.

Gun Guru

I have a friend that is the General Manager of the big Ford dealership in Huntsville, Alabama. We had a long chat about this engine last September. He says (and I believe him) that this engine will get you no les than 20MPG. I drove a F150 for him to Scottsboro and fell totally in love with it. Had plenty of power and rode like a dream. I was pulling a huge smoker for him. The truck never knew the trailer was there. I'll probably never buy another vehicle but if I was to it would be this one. :candle:

Big Foot

After having 3 Tahoes, could not go for 4 as felt like the same ol.

Bought a Ford - hard for me to change up until I felt the torque of Ecobeast!

2012 4X4 Ecoboost Screw - very nice ride. The Ford Synce and Sony Nav is a computer on wheels...sic

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
What's keeping other auto makers from producing an engine like the Ecoboost?

georgia_hunter

I just purchased a EcoBoost and I am only getting 16.5 mpg, I have heard there is a break in period on this motor and that I did not need to worry till around 5000 miles. Does anyone have any info on this.

holton27596

I have a 2010 4x4 supercrew with the 5.4L. i have put 24000 miles on my truck. Most of my driving is highway (heck I go out of my way to avoid towns). I have consistently averaged 18-19 mpg. Going through yellowstone I topped 20 mpg due to the low speeds. Yall should be getting better milage.