This years catches

sportsman94

Well it's been a slow year for me since the season started (before I s going good on coyotes and had coins clogging those sets up) and I've only caught two critters since december came around. The first pic is one I caught yesterday in a blind set.
1a8f2713.jpg

The next pic is everyone's favorite animal in a flat set, better than nothing though.
55d0cdbb.jpg

Hope y'all enjoy

RNC

Beautiful fox !

an nuthin like a grinner ;]

deadgame

Its been slow for some reason here too, for several guys I know around here. Good night tonight, oughta have full traps in the morn.

sportsman94

It made its own, it was a trail that just about everything runs on so i put two branches across and left space in the middle for them to come through and sure enough this little guy tried to slip through. The trash pile hasn't produced for me yet so I haven't set it this year. I pulled traps today cause I have finals coming up so I NEED to study for those more than check traps. I'll be setting more this weekend and over the Christmas break.

sportsman94

Yesterday I got to put a good line out for the first time this year, 17 traps. These were in marshalville and I knew I needed to make it worth my while to drive out there. Well this morning I start checking and have no sign in my first 4 so I get discouraged. Next set I got to I had this pretty girl waiting for me
da7d5c9e.jpg
so I dispatched her then didn't have anything in my next 3 but walked down to the edge of the pond where I'd put a castor mound with a 330 and sure enough I had me my first beaver!!!
91319043.jpg
also the first time I'd ever set the 330. Gonna try to tan the beaver myself. Next I went along my route and caught another fox on a flat set on a fire break.
07c8d6c2.jpg
It may not be much to some of y'all but this Was probably my most memorable day on the line. Set a few more traps and reset these ones and am hoping for some success in the morning. Thanks for looking and good luck on yalls season. Got a couple of foxes to flesh before bed

sportsman94

Got a couple more this morning, first caught this little guy on a urine post.
f241cc46.jpg
he was a nice little boar coon and my first of the season. Next I walk along the pond to a castor mound guarded with a #3 bridger 4 coiled and see that the trap is gone down the drowning cable so I decided that I'd come back after checking the rest of my traps. Went in to the cow pasture and saw this little guy waiting one me
153bbc13.jpg

After resetting I went to the drowner for round two. I follow it as best as I could to the bottom which happened to be just deep enough to let water in the top of my waders (also found out I had a hole in them today) and couldn't seem to get whatever it was to come up. I finally got it loose and up came this behemoth..
4eeffaef.jpg

Here's a pic of it compared to my size 12 boot.
875475ae.jpg
it is only my second beaver and I could not be happier with it cause to me it is huge. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed.
4a567d35.jpg

sportsman94

Today's catch
c8122f18.jpg
. Caught it on a castor mound with back breaker guarded by a 4 coiled bridger #3. Also had one trap snapped with either fox or coyote fur in it. Slowing down so I might reboil my traps due to traps getting dug up

sportsman94

Caught this little girl this morning in a step down dirt hole.
84fa0426.jpg

Yesterday the trap was set off with some fox hair in it and the day before that it was dug up. Driving up today didn't think I had anything but saw a little head then it started bouncing around.
789c735e.jpg

sportsman94

Today's coon caught in a blind set where they cross under a fence
c7aca187.jpg

couple foxes got real lucky today by barely missing the pan