BB Shot in 22 WRM

HighCotton

I'm thinking of getting the little "shotgun type" bullets for my 22 mag rifle. I'm wondering if this is ok for a RIFLE. Worried that the little pellets might mess up the barrel rifling or is it ok?

fishtail

Won't hurt the rifle.
Usually the shot in a rifled barrel throws a doughnut pattern making it almost useless at distances over 20 feet.
The normal shot would be #8,#9 or Dust.
Where you getting the BB size??

HighCotton

Won't hurt the rifle.
Usually the shot in a rifled barrel throws a doughnut pattern making it almost useless at distances over 20 feet.
The normal shot would be #8,#9 or Dust.
Where you getting the BB size??

Not really "BB" size. Actually very small.

I was hoping to use the shot shells on squirrels but if the effective range is 20 ft and in a doughnut pattern, it's probably a waste of time.

triton

These were called rat shot.People used them around barns and dog pens to shoot rats.They work good on snakes also.

fishtail

The ones for the Long Rifle usually don't have enough power to make a semi-auto function.
And I see the ones for the magnum are #12 shot at half the velocity of regular bullets.

skeeter1

i don't know how far it is from ground to power line but i killed a dove with the little blue cap cv shots with a single shot, never put them in my henry lever action , but i have shot the 22 mag ones in my long barrel single action 6 shooter , i would say get them and set up cans and try out distance you will be suprised!!

RedWrecker

i have tried them in my22 lr remington 597. they are not strong enough to cycle and have a wide donut pattern at about 20ft like someone mentioned above. they also dont have much distance at all. i wouldnt use mine for shooting anything other than rats maybe a snake at close range. might be different for a .22 mag though.