? about trapping lisence.

eman1885

for those of you who have a trapping lisence, did you have to take a test in order to get it?

if so , where do i go to get the info on the test?

GAGE

GONetwork Member
I recommend driving over to the office in Social Circle, they are very nice over there, and can get you fixed up with little wait.

eman1885

which lisence is the one i need? the resident commercial, or the landowner trapping? i called down there to social circle and the lady i talked to said i didn't need a lisence if i was trapping on family owned land. what gives?

Barehunter

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't want to argue with the DNR, but my understanding is that you need a Landowner Trapping License (free) to trap your own land. Why else would there be such a thing? I THINK I vaguely remember some law about being able to trap within so many yards of your residence without a license but somebody will have to help me out there...Throwback? You have to acquire one of the licenses to get a permanent trapper's number which must be on all your traps.

If you are planning to trap other land including hunting leases etc you need a commercial license which costs $30 annually and expires in March...so if you buy a license in Feb it is only good for one month.

You can go to Social Circle and get it or send in the form (sticky at the top of this forum). If you send in the form make sure you send a copy of your picture i.d. etc.

eman1885

so do i have to take a test to get a commercial trappers lisence? cause that is what the lady i talked to today said.

if i get the landowner lisence does it come with a permanent trapper's number?

skeeter1

30 dollars for commercial to trap where ever you please with in season,

only have to take test to nuisance trap , where ever any time no season but only on nuisance calls out of season , then you can be like me a

Critter Gitter inc.patent pending