new jon boat tourney "club" interest? near athens

bsanders

Im wondering how many people would be interested in competing in a 2 man electric only bass tourney season out on lakes within 1 hour from Athens. Thinking about starting it the end of March. Lakes that would fall into that category would be: varner, ft. yargo, bear creek, hard labor creek, cedar creek, and black shoals. $35 membership fee and $25 per person per lake.

Last edited:

bsanders

i see it was moved, i thought about that after i posted it but figured it would get more views in the main fishing part. sorry bout that.

Steve78

Not to sound like a downer, but there is already a club that tries to stay within an hour of Jefferson with a few exceptions, its the biggest club as far as attendence, High Voltage Bass Anglers. Its hard to compete with all the clubs, when they fish most of the lakes mentioned. Good luck!

Steve78

why dont you just join a club that is already started.

Gwinnett County will raise a stink if they find out about a tournament, Cletus T used to have his mini me tourney out there until Gwinnett County put a stop to it, and Bear Creek and Black Shoals require approvals.

bsanders

i know about all the other clubs, hvba, lil water, sjba..... they all fish lakes that are too far away for myself and some others. And how can somebody at a public lake stop anybody from fishing if they pay their way in?

Reminex

i know about all the other clubs, hvba, lil water, sjba..... they all fish lakes that are too far away for myself and some others. And how can somebody at a public lake stop anybody from fishing if they pay their way in?

Ive asked the same question, I was told that just because its open to public fishing...doesn't make it a public lake.

Steve78

Most places will not stop you, Stn Mtn will make you sign some indemnation forms, but they do have some dates that they will not approve around park events. Black Shoals will not turn an event down as far as I know, they just want to know when you are going to have a tourney and make sure your not scheduling while another club is there. And they will open the gates early for ya. Bear Creek is Bear Creek, you know how uptight they are. And nobody has had a tourney at Tribble Mill in years, I'm just going by what they did to Cletus when he tried to have his mini me tourney there. Good luck with it! Most other lakes you mentioned dont care as far as I know.

bsanders

thanks steve, i understand what you are saying now. they are not wanting to have way too many people there at one time. i knew it wold be hard to get a new club together with all the others already established, but i was just hoping that a few teams felt like me and a hand full of others do.

Steve78

thanks steve, i understand what you are saying now. they are not wanting to have way too many people there at one time. i knew it wold be hard to get a new club together with all the others already established, but i was just hoping that a few teams felt like me and a hand full of others do.

I was in your shoes a couple years ago, I set a goal of 10 boats a tourney, and we surpassed that at most tourneys that first season. Take my advice, dont go at it alone, find a couple guys to help, even with the smallest things.

bsanders

i already fish with a group now, its mostly guys that work together excluding my self and my partner, we work together. seems to be 1 or 2 drop out every year. I'm sure i can get 4 or 5 of them to go in with me and i have 2 just by word of mouth and 3 on here so i think i have enough to have a decent showing. i would like to have 10 guaranteed at each lake but, you know how that goes.

arcadedawg

I would be interested. I disagree with some of the posts above. I think it would do great. The Jefferson club has outgrown some of the best lakes in the area. You need to draw a 50 mile circle around Athens and stay in that circle. Pulling a Jon boat 100 miles is one of the dumbest things ever. It defeats the whole purpose of Jon boat fishing. I wouldn't limit it to electric only. I would go by lake regs. 10 up or less at Yargo , Hard Labor, and ST Mt. Good luck.

Last edited:

bsanders

If anybody is serious and has a partner to make a 2 man team, pm me. and i will let you know more details.

Bugpac

Im interested, most of the clubs now have to many sore losers, and far to much Drama.