#1 factor for unsucessful hunts....

scott ellis

What do you think is the #1 factor for unsucessful hunts? I would say over calling is a huge culprit!

se

Last edited:

TurkeyKiller12

That just about sums up my problem. Last season I really worked hard at staying quiet and just seeing what the turkey wanted to hear. Whatever I felt was going to work I put it to use. I had my limit in GA by the third week of season.

TheTurkeySlayer

I think mines movin around too much and not givin it enough time when the birds aint gobblin.

six

Mine is to much patience.

A lot of people I hunt with would be fear and lack of confidence.

MKW

Huh?? Unsucessful hunts?? I kill every turkey I hear gobble...y'all don't?? :huh:

Really, I'm prolly too aggressive sometimes. I do fully believe that I can kill every one that I hear gobble and sometimes I try too hard to MAKE it happen instead of LETTING it happen.

Mike

icdedturkes

Spot.. Too many guys think they have to see that bird coming the whole way..

Over calling may be a culprit in some situations, but sometimes the back and forth dialouge with a gobbler calls for alot of calling.. Undercalling probably is just a big a culprit as curiosity "doesn't always kill the cat" as a bird loses interest and goes along his way.

SpurHuntinHillbilly

Set-up has a huge role in being successful or unsuccessful. Getting busted walking in and educating birds doesn't help either.

Jody Hawk

Patience has cost me more than I care to admit. Getting up and moving on a bird when I should have sit there and waited him out.

gobble157

For me it's shooting straight :p I have missed more turkeys than I have probably killed. I have to revisit two states I need for my 49 state slam due to missing three times in each state! Pretty darn bad if I must say. I get plum tore up when I see that red head coming in. I'm learning but I'll quit when I stop missing :)

tournament fisher

the definate most number one problem in turkey hunting is setting up in the wrong place. setup is most important. you cant call a bird to a place he want go.

Dupree

Bad set up.

Gaswamp

For me it's shooting straight :p I have missed more turkeys than I have probably killed. I have to revisit two states I need for my 49 state slam due to missing three times in each state! Pretty darn bad if I must say. I get plum tore up when I see that red head coming in. I'm learning but I'll quit when I stop missing :)

I would say that your missing is getting ready to come to an end once you get the Doctors dialed in