Christmas on Christmas

cohutta21

Finally got some steel in the ground on Christmas eve. I put in six MB 550s on some local property that had good coyote sign. I baited with a combination of GHII, Voo Doo, and Powder River in single and double dirt holes. Ran them after church this morning to find I had a double on my first two sets!!! Thanks to barehunter, famlytrapz, and trappergal for all the knowledge they shared at the coyote 101 class... I have told many folks that I could have trapped on my own for 25 years and not accumalated the knowledge that was shared in your Coyote 101 class... If you ever do a 201 class count me in...

The first pic is a nice female and the second is a pretty good sized male...

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 386

pine nut

I am working on my list of stuff to buy. You classmates are making me feel like I'm left behind! WTG on your success. I'm proud for you and agree with your assessment of the coyote 101 class! They 're some good teachers!

Worley

Trap

Great job bud...Looks like you are doing what many of us need to start doing, operation S.A.F "save a fawn"...Great story and pics, thanks for sharing...If you ever wanna pass that knowledge on down the road in Jackson County we got a ton of them...

Barehunter

Gone But Not Forgotten
That's awesome Cohutta21! Congrats! Another student with A+ Grade for the class! Hope you guys realize how HUGE it is to catch the top predator around on your first sets. Thanks for the kind words about the class. Now that is a Christmas Morning Christmas Morning!

Last edited:

famlytraprz

Congrats on your success, those techniques have been tried and tested as you can see! Please don't forget to join the GTA if you have'nt already and help us protect this great sport, I hope I'm not being redundant on this point but we need everyones help. Again, congrats and keep up the great work, thats quite an accomplishment as BH stated!

SmokyMtnSmoke

Good job! I know that must feel great.

I placed my order and it should be in next week. Can't wait to get everything set up and get some steel in the ground.

buttplate

Merry Christmas

That was indeed a very merry Christmas, congratulations.

quackhead87

Congrats! I know it was the best present ever walking up to them in the traps, knowing you caught your first two! Keep up the good work!