Coyote attack kills 19yr old woman

REDFOXJR

I saw it, and did take note that the professors said it was a predatory act. The yoes had no desease, wasnt sick, that it was basically, pure instinct. choot em all! I am,will, and frankly, dont give a hoot, who wants to save them.:shoot:

childers

That article is two years old. My pops and I had two very large coyotes circling us while out in the middle of nowhere while in Yellowstone years ago. They don't get the credit they deserve. I have heard more about foxes attacking people than coyotes though.

famlytraprz

I know the article was 2yrs old but the findings were just documented with all the official findings. The newspaper article is not very accurate, but it was all I could find after watching the program. Yeah, I would watch out for the foxes if I were you to Childers. The coyotes were not diseased.

sleepr71

I had to kill 2 in my yard last week,about 3a.m. I had put a sack of trash on the back of my truck( my fault:smash:) & they were circling it..not 30 feet from my house. I was awakened by my Blue Heeler raising a ruckus & as soon as I opened the door,she flew off the porch to tangle with them(luckily they ran when I started yelling at them::;). I drug her inside,cut the lights off..& sure 'nuff about 10 minutes later..they came right back. They didn't fear,or respect the dogs presence AT ALL(or the fact that a human had just yelled at them:hair:).2 doses of 3"BB took care of that;) but one of 'em managed to run about 150 yds before dying.Coyotes are tough,strong,and some just seem to be brazen..I have no doubt that two hungry(or mad) 'yotes would take a human down.Sleepr71

javery

It wouldn't surprise me to hear of someone getting attacked by them around here.There's so many of them around and in some of these neighborhoods they've gotten so used to being around people that they start losing that natural fear of humans.Just like any other wild animal,that's when they get dangerous.

shakey gizzard

Theres one on right now called invaders! They talked about the girl killed from Canada.:shoot:

Mr.MainFrame10

I read that article awhile back myself. There's no doubt coyotes could take down a human especially a child. Of course the circumstances(hungry, rabid, lossing their fear of humans) would dictate if they would or would not.

SmokyMtnSmoke

I saw it too. I also had read the article. If you want tot see one in this mode then do a Youtube search "Coyote attack" and watch one follw this guy un afraid. The language is a bit blue but just turn down the volume at watch that BC 'yote work this guy.

This predator has gone un-managed for to long. If we don't take steps to control the population then we can kiss quail, turkey, rabbits and deer goodby.

childers

This predator has gone un-managed for to long. If we don't take steps to control the population then we can kiss quail, turkey, rabbits and deer goodby.

Now that is possible. I see them running in packs. DNR claims they don't. They say Eastern coyotes are solitary. Not all of them. I have seen packs of over 10 coyotes.

bckwzlineman

i saw the show about the girl in canada. the yote wouldnt leave more than ten yards from the girl, even with others throwing sticks and rocks at it. it stayd long enough for a ranger to arrive then leave and retrieve a shotgun then to return and kill it. anyone who says yotes dont run in packs is an idiot. ive seen 13 at one time in georgia! i've heard em at night by my house howling. sounded like multiple yotes. they can say whatever they want. they can believe it if they want! i know better!

Lindseys Grandpa

They also said they had proof from some studies that coyotes in the north east had cross bred with wolves and that may explain them being bigger and more aggressive than ours. I still kill every one i can.

BornToHuntAndFish

What a sad tragic event. I know a bowhunter on his hands & knees crawling in a thicket following the blood trail of a 10-ptr. he shot near sunset, but started hearing growls & came face to face with 2 yotes so he high tailed it outta there.

cbjo42

I go out to idaho every year elk huntung and we have 6 different packs of 10 plus, during the walk in the woods early morning we can here them moving in on us, kinda scary lol... were im trapping at in ga there is a pack of 6 running

childers

What a sad tragic event. I know a bowhunter on his hands & knees crawling in a thicket following the blood trail of a 10-ptr. he shot near sunset, but started hearing growls & came face to face with 2 yotes so he high tailed it outta there.

I would have ruined my underwear.

I go out to idaho every year elk huntung and we have 6 different packs of 10 plus, during the walk in the woods early morning we can here them moving in on us, kinda scary lol... were im trapping at in ga there is a pack of 6 running

I really don't like being around the coyotes when walking in the woods by myself. It has always made me uneasy

killa86

been sayin it for years and dont nobody believe me(olcowman) coyotes are adapting and gettin smarter and a whole lot less scared of people. what used to be a solitary predatory animal has adapted to hunt larger game with the help of another yote or two. Add that to the occasional mixed breeding with more atheletic dogs and you got an equation for disaster.

Ive had the sorry critters follow me out of the woods in the dark wasnt too worried about one beside me at 40 yards it was the one i kept hearing but was unable to locate on the other side of me that i was concerned about. got my but to truck pretty quick.