Had a good day (Update,caught a few more)

javery

Me and one of my girls went to check the traps today.Had caught a coon yesterday,remade the set and had this bobcat today.Went down the fence line and and had a big male yote.Rode over to another farm and had a red fox,turned him loose.Caught the other yote and the grey fox back before Christmas.

Attachments

• DSC01109.JPG
    DSC01109.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 1,097
  • DSC01106.JPG
    DSC01106.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 1,132
  • DSC01120.JPG
    DSC01120.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 1,034
  • DSC01087.JPG
    DSC01087.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 1,077
  • DSC01719.jpg
    DSC01719.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 1,109
Last edited:

TBurnham

CONGRATS, glad to see another person including thier kids.....WAY TO GO!!!

buttplate

Outstanding

Way to go John. Those are some very nice pictures. thank you for posting.

JonathonJEB

thats a real good day

sleepr71

Nice avatar & pics! Glad to see you getting your kids out into this too. I gotta say though..,and I'm a grown man:D..I'd be skeered to walk up on some of those critters. That Red Fox is beautiful & I hardly ever call one in anymore,but he just looks like he's ready to open a can of whoop---on anybody that gets close enough;). Curious why you turned him loose? Sleepr71

TBurnham

The reds population is way down thanks to the yotes, I think he was doing his part to help keep them thriving!!!

j_seph

nice, how many traps you got out total at one time
that one yote looks like he is bristled up to fight

javery

Nice avatar & pics! Glad to see you getting your kids out into this too. I gotta say though..,and I'm a grown man:D..I'd be skeered to walk up on some of those critters. That Red Fox is beautiful & I hardly ever call one in anymore,but he just looks like he's ready to open a can of whoop---on anybody that gets close enough;). Curious why you turned him loose? Sleepr71

Thanks,one of my girls loves to go with me the other could take it or leave it.It'll definitely get your blood pumping,pulling up on a catch especially a big snarling male yote.If that traps got a good hold of'em they ain't going nowhere.That was the first red fox I've caught and I just didn't feel like killing it so I turned it loose.

javery

nice, how many traps you got out total at one time
that one yote looks like he is bristled up to fight

I got 20 out now,haven't had anything but a possum the last couple days.Maybe things will pick up before the rain moves in.That bristled up one was a male,ill as a hornet.Weighed him at 41lbs.

nockemstiff

Curious how you turn 'em loose without getting too close? Disclaimer - I know little about trapping so that explains my question, sorry!

javery

Curious how you turn 'em loose without getting too close? Disclaimer - I know little about trapping so that explains my question, sorry!

Just get your catch pole on'em,pin they're head to the ground away from you and release the trap.I just point them away from me and release them from the pole loop,they don't waste anytime beating feet outta there.Be careful with the bobcats though!:hair: