Going yote hunting in the am need sound selection help on new spitfire ...

ztc

Just received my Foxpro Spitfire today and im gonna head out in the morning to try out my luck. Ill be hunting some public land that is bow only during deer season but is open to small game weapons during small game season. Im gonna be hunting a river bottom with the river to my back alittle after daylight. Alot of turkeys, rabbits, squirrels and small birds around. Also alot of hard woods and pines mixed in and a 4-5 acre field next to the river and a fairly large power line close by. I figure ill hunt the woods with my shotgun and my buddy with his 22 mag.

My call come pre-set with these calls:
Coyote locater
Male coy challenge screams
Female Coy Bark Howl
Female coy long howls
Coy pup screams
coyote pup howl
screaming gray fox
Juvenile red fox distress
bobcat in heat
Lighting jack
jackrabbit distress
snow shoe 2
Bay bee cottontail
Adult cottontail
distress calf
whitetail buck faw
vole squeaks
roar-n red squirrel
prairie dog distress
luck bird
Raspy woodpecker
ranting red bird
Raccoon fight
Crow fight

Anyone got any sound suggestions or calling patterns or techniques that might help my chances?
Also what kind time frame should i call for?

All help is greatly appreciated!

one hogman

I am no expert but Cottontail [ Baby or adult] is always good, The bird calls work at times also, If you have one that sounds anything like pups, canine or yote play it with a stuffed toy dog sitting by the call speaker or a MOJO Critter decoy, this worked for me before, I would call 5 minutes and wait about five in between, start volume out low and work up, also watch the wind and get into your calling site as quiet and stealthy as poss. Good Luck

Mr W.

I have had great luck with the woodpecker.

ztc

No luck. Didn't do much calling though, place was covered up with duck hunters by the river and rabbit hunters running their dogs everywhere else. I figured my chances where slim to non with all that going on.