How do I trap an Armadillo?

I need to find out if there is any way to trap an Armadillo intentionally. I know some of you have got some advice to share. I would appreciate all I can get.

blacktipswamp

blacktipswamp

I had a problem several years ago with this pest.i tried different ways with no sucess. Finally, i found a trail they used in the woods just outside my yard. I placed a small varmit trap in the trail. No bait necessary.over a two year period i caught about 10 to 15 in the same spot. No more problembs.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Find a trail or area they like and use boards (2" x 6") to make a funnel to a trap.

Thanks for the info. I was supposed to begin trapping for a someone this weekend but thay canceled on me for fear that trapping there dominate predators will increase his armadillo problem.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
:crazy: Well I'll be........... google IS your friend...........

The armadillo has a number of predators. These include coyotes, wolves, foxes, bears, raccoons, domestic dogs and panthers. They are also trapped for food by humans.

The UGA website has a very informative article on trapping armadillo.I picked up a little info there. Thanks for all the input.

Buck Dropper

I had a problem several years ago with this pest.i tried different ways with no sucess. Finally, i found a trail they used in the woods just outside my yard. I placed a small varmit trap in the trail. No bait necessary.over a two year period i caught about 10 to 15 in the same spot. No more problems.
This.