Bassmaster Weekend Series

BassHunter25

I really am trying to decide if I should sign up for the South Carolina division. I recently got a new boat so, I could start fishing some bigger events. The only lake I have fished on the tour is Santee.

I don't have anyone to share expenses. Just having a hard time pulling the trigger.
Any advice?

cjbullet

Weekend Series

I've fished it as both a co-angler and a boater. If your funds are limited and you don't know alot about the other lakes on that trail i would suggest fishing the first year as a Co-angler. Thats what I did and learned alot. I found a boater that needed a link to guarantee that he got to use his boat and guarantee that I got to fish as a Co. And one that allowed me to pre-fish and stay with before the tournament and to split the costs with. This is a good idea whether you decide to fish as a boater or a co-angler. If you have anymore questions feel free to email me. c.j.henson@att dot net

jsimages

I've fished it as both a co-angler and a boater. If your funds are limited and you don't know alot about the other lakes on that trail i would suggest fishing the first year as a Co-angler. Thats what I did and learned alot. I found a boater that needed a link to guarantee that he got to use his boat and guarantee that I got to fish as a Co. And one that allowed me to pre-fish and stay with before the tournament and to split the costs with. This is a good idea whether you decide to fish as a boater or a co-angler. If you have anymore questions feel free to email me. c.j.henson@att dot net

well said cj. i fished them 2 yrs ago as a co-angler and had the time of my life fishing and learning the ropes of big tournments and so forth. actually cjbullet talked me into fishing them and im so glad i did it. theres alot of great people who fish them and you make some great friends also. cjbullet and 2 other boaters allowed me to room with them and pre fish with them and man it was a year of fishing i will never forget. i owe all 3 of them alot of credit for the year of fishing i had and we have become good friends and will continue to be friends for a lifetime. good luck on your decision but i dont think you will regret it man.:cheers:

BassHunter25

I think I am gonna do it. I agree on the co angler deal. I have fished a couple bass opens as a co angler. I think I wanna try to go as a boater this time, though I am not familiar with all but one of the lakes. I know how to get around Santee, that's about it, but that is a feat in itself. I would love to find someone to link with and share expenses with.

Lake Murray SC. Jan 28th. Anyone wanna link or share expenses pm me.