Nuisance Wildlife

Burney

Is the test pretty hard, or mostly common sense? They give you a bunch of stuff to study, I know the regulations, and a lot of the damge caused by wildlife, but does it get real complicated, as far as the euthanizing and rabies parts? Thanks in advance

ranger374

been a few years since i took it. I do know they changed the test because of folks trying to just study old questions that were on the test. When i took it there were 4 taking it. 3 of them were from one of the "franchise" companies and they had their "study sheet". I ended up passing and the other 3 did not.

If you study and learn the material they give you, you should do fine. some questions were kind of tricky, but if you studied you should be able to figure it out.

The lady at DNR did tell me she had several different tests she made up to prevent the folks with their "study sheets" from squeaking by.

j_seph

been a few years since i took it. I do know they changed the test because of folks trying to just study old questions that were on the test. When i took it there were 4 taking it. 3 of them were from one of the "franchise" companies and they had their "study sheet". I ended up passing and the other 3 did not.

If you study and learn the material they give you, you should do fine. some questions were kind of tricky, but if you studied you should be able to figure it out.

The lady at DNR did tell me she had several different tests she made up to prevent the folks with their "study sheets" from squeaking by.
I seen some of the reference material they suggested and one of em was like 200 pages:huh:

ranger374

I seen some of the reference material they suggested and one of em was like 200 pages:huh:

yep and believe it or not there will be a question or two from somewhere in the 200 pages:eek:

Burney

I went and took it yesterday, it was as bad as I thought it would be, but then again they won't check it till Tuesday.

Coastie

Study it, while a lot of the material seems irrelavant, it is on the test. If you are serious about getting the license and intend to use it then the more you know the better off you are. The regulations are a minor part of the test, you need to know them but there is a lot more to it than just the regs.

ranger374

I went and took it yesterday, it was as bad as I thought it would be, but then again they won't check it till Tuesday.

never know, you may have passed, but if not, the good thing is now you know that you will need to study the material pretty good before you retake it--and you might have a better idea of which areas to study closer. and like Coastie said, you will actually use a lot of the material if you intend to make a business out of ADC.

how many others took it with you? when i took mine, they graded while we waited, but i went and took mine at social circle. where did you take yours at??

Burney

I took it at armurchee. It was just me. I read most of the stuff, don't think I had n e trouble with regulations, just some of the stuff bout dealin with bats, and some of the situations bout fumigants and stuff