40 yd pattern

Prob not what your getting...

I've killed a lot of turkeys with just patterning my turkey guns on a plain ol turkey target with the vitals on it... Like the ones Primos put out... Anyhow at 40 yards i get about 10-15 hits in the vitals... Never got caught up in the 10" cirle hype... Cost to much money to keep up with those hero's

buckpasser

I think you'll want to go for a number over 100. You most likely won't get 190-210 out of the load you mentioned. If it's under 100, I'd try to change chokes or shells, or just not shoot at a range that can't produce this number. Also, using a turkey head target taped on top of a larger paper isn't a bad idea. If your poi and poa are the same, you'll be able to see how many holes are consistently in the turkeys brain and spine, and then count the 10 in circle on the larger paper. Let us know what you find out.

hawglips

Banned
Look at the 20" also. At 40 yds, I don't like to see any place within a 20" circle where a turkey's head and neck could escape.

icdedturkes

Look at the 20" also. At 40 yds, I don't like to see any place within a 20" circle where a turkey's head and neck could escape.

And thats a good point as well.. Seeings I shoot a 20 I look at the 15 inch circle alot.. And with anything above 150 in your ten ring with HW 7s you are sacrificing coverage in the 15 inch ring..