1st Mann Made Call

rem 300

Got a call from Steve lastnight, and he told me that my call was complete just in time to get use to running it before season.. Looking forward to playing this one.. I chose a cedar/butternut paddle call with the assistance of Mr.Mann. He is a great guy to talk with. I hope to add somemore of his calls to my arsenal in the future..

Gut_Pile

Steve is a great guy. I have a cedar/butternut paddle box and it will straight sing! You will love yours

antnye

I just got my first also from Unicoi. I think I'm gonna order a paddle. His calls are top notch. Post some pictures when you get it.

Melvin4730

I don't own one, but I played them at Unicoi and they are some of the best I've played.

Lonnie Mabry also makes a box call thats hard to beat.

I think they are both based on the Neil Cost type call.

I've got a little box call made by Fred Cox (Grand Slam Turkey Calls). Its pretty inexpensive, but it sounds pretty good too. I picked it up at Unicoi.

WaddleWhacker

i ran his calls at unicoi and they sounded pretty good....Lonnie Mabry sounds just as good and at 40 bucks you cant complain about the price

Gaswamp

Steve Mann makes an excellent box call.

Melvin4730

No doubt, Steve makes a great call. But, Lonnie Mabry's are just as good...with a smaller price tag. Lonnie doesn't advertise or go to any of the shows. He just makes them.

Dudley Do-Wrong

I bought one of Steve's calls a few years ago in Nashville, outstanding craftsmanship and one of the best box calls I have ever tried.

Arrowhead95

Melvin >> Only a couple call makers I would by a call from sight un-seen. Steve is one. Never saw a Lonnie Mabry call. If I liked the look and the sound I'd buy one.

There are a lot of call makers on the internat that can take a nice picture of a good looking call. But I learned my lesson 10-12 years ago not to do that anymore.

Maybe one of these days I'll run accross him at a show. By the comments on here it sounds like he can make a good call.

WaddleWhacker

you want find Lonnie Mabry with a booth at a show and he will not ship a call either.....he says if he gets a booth or starts shipping he will be in business and he does not want to be in business....only way you will get one of calls is go to his house...i have seen with my eyes Mr Mabry take a box that i could have killed a tom with take the lid off the box and put it in his wood heater cause it didn't sound like he thought it should....yeah he is a good callmaker

rem 300

you want find Lonnie Mabry with a booth at a show and he will not ship a call either.....he says if he gets a booth or starts shipping he will be in business and he does not want to be in business....only way you will get one of calls is go to his house...i have seen with my eyes Mr Mabry take a box that i could have killed a tom with take the lid off the box and put it in his wood heater cause it didn't sound like he thought it should....yeah he is a good callmaker

I am going to try to make a trip over to see him in the next few weeks and pick up a few calls from him..

Gaswamp

Melvin >> Only a couple call makers I would by a call from sight un-seen. Steve is one. Never saw a Lonnie Mabry call. If I liked the look and the sound I'd buy one.

There are a lot of call makers on the internat that can take a nice picture of a good looking call. But I learned my lesson 10-12 years ago not to do that anymore.

Maybe one of these days I'll run accross him at a show. By the comments on here it sounds like he can make a good call.

Steve is one of only 4 callmakers that I trust to build a call sight unseen and unheard.

Melvin4730

Actually...the man contacted me for mabry's phone number. I was showing him what a mabry call looks like.

Last edited:

01Foreman400

Staff member
Here are my Steve Mann calls 2 do-dat's, 2 paddle calls and 1 box call.

Attachments

• Steve%20Mann.JPG
    Steve%20Mann.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 404

M Sharpe

Here are my Steve Mann calls 2 do-dat's, 2 paddle calls and 1 box call.

Do you hunt with them? I don't see any finish gone or sweat stains.

Good looking calls

Last edited:

Latest posts