2012 GON Turkey Challenge

gobble157

Its almost sign up time. Who wants to team up with me and slay some turkeys this year? :p

I'm kidding :biggrin2:

I'm sure it will be random drawing for teams this year like it has been for the past three years I've participated.

It's always fun and I really look forward to it.

Stay tuned:banana:

Have a blessed week!

David

sman

Guess if I ended up on your team I might could help carry some of your weight.....::ke:

gobble157

Guess if I ended up on your team I might could help carry some of your weight.....::ke:

Now, you slay them birds just as good as me:cheers:

It's almost there :fine:

hoppie

I am pumped about the challenge. I like the random draw. Keeps things interesting.

The Fever

I might enter this year. It will be my first hard year turkey hunting.

Arrow3

I hear that there might not be one this year...:huh:

Huntinfool

There will be one....

Trouble maker.:whip:

Although, I'm open to people who are seriously jacked up about helping run it.

gobble157

CassGA said he'd be interested in running it::ke::p

He's an engineer and he adds well :D

mossyoakpro

I'm in when it gets time....I have to be teammates with fellow Mossy Oak folks though....lol

turkeyed

As mentioned before, I game to help in any way possible. Just let me know. Would not be the same without a challenge!

I think I will enter it this year if I can, but I will only be good for about three Ga, gobblers. I have a new born son so I can't run all over the country this year like years past. I competed in the Bowhunter challenge this year and I thought it was a great competition. Im wondering what criteria you have to meet to enter the Turkey challenge.

Buck Dropper

How does this challenge work? This is gonna be my first turkey season on the forums.

hambone76

I will be getting in this year. Will bow killed birds generate bonus points too, or has it been considered?

trophyslayer

Hasn't in years past, mine did not last year. I can only speak of the past though, this is a new year though! Good idea anyways.

I like that idea even though i dont know if i am confident enough to go at it with a bow yet... you would just have to make sure to produce a picture showing where a broad head "did the job".:clap:

hambone76

I will be shooting gilloutines and/or big cut mechanicals, so it'll be obvious! I will also be recording my hunts on video. It would be cool to consider it, if definitive proof can be provided.

sman

One qualification should be to post a pic the day you enter. I mean a pic taken the day you sign up. A pic of somethin turkey related. Make the fly bys put forth an effort to sign up instead of a simple I'm in post.

MKW

I don't think bow-killed turkeys should get any extra points. From a tent, it's not any harder to kill a turkey with a bow than it is to kill him with a shotgun while leaning against a tree. In fact, shooting a bow from a tent while looking over a strutting decoy, might be easier! ::ke:

:pop::pop:

Mike