Benelli Nova 20 Choke & Shot Combos

OcmulgeeOgre

I bought my daughter a youth 20 gauge Benelli Nova for turkey hunting. Was curious if anyone out there has this gun and what choke and shot combinations worked best for you.

Thanks.

WFL

We got 156 out of a new one with a 562 and the HV-13 7's. That was at 40.

antnye

x2...good #s and even pattern...all i shoot is 20s....rem 870,moss silver reserve o/u and tc encore...

How's that silver reserve do?

Buck Dropper

I've got the same exact gun. Full choke it with the factory issued chokes and I've always shot 2 3/4 #6's but I'm shooting three inch shells this season in the same gun.

GA DAWG

I've got a M2 20. Use indian creek. 555 and 7 shot Nitros.

hawglips

Banned
I feed my Benelli Nova 20 with TSS 9s and either an Undertaker lead only choke, or a Carlson 575 flush mount. Mid 200s with both chokes.

Gadget

I think MKW shoots a Benelli and said he got the best pattern using Jellyhead and Federal HW 7.

send him a pm and ask.

MKW

I think MKW shoots a Benelli and said he got the best pattern using Jellyhead and Federal HW 7.

send him a pm and ask.

Yep, I shoot a M1 20ga with a JellyHead and Federal #7 HW. Nice, even, consistant pattern of around 160 at 40yrds. I tried several chokes and the JellyHead was the best, for me.
And...without reloading, Federal HeavyWeights are the absolute best turkey loads for the 20ga, IMO.

Mike