Haint gobble

gobble157

I wouldn't dare gobble on some of the places I hunt

If he's committed he will come. I don't want any more attentive brought my way.

It looks cool though.

sman

I would gobble and put out a full strut decoy if I had terminal cancer. Speed things up.

gobble157

I would gobble and put out a full strut decoy if I had terminal cancer. Speed things up.

Do that in MS or south FL and you just might :rofl:

Make sure that life insurance policy is up to date with gobble157 as your beneficiary:biggrin2::rofl:

AMBUSHER

When I was growing up, Haint's were to be avoided at all cost!! My Granddad used the "haint" to keep us out of places we shouldn't be. He said if you saw one, our hair would turn white immediatly. Pretty scary for a kid!!

WestGaJohn

Outside the natural dont get shot comments, if you are really serious about it.. Two gobble calls were introduced this year.. The Haint and one from Flextone.. To me the one from Flextone has a deeper more realistic tone and the rhythm is more realistic. For 15 dollars vs 50 I would go for the Flextone

Flextone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPvuGz_e8i4&feature=player_embedded

Haint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGi8dI_h58M&feature=player_embedded

Thank you for putting this in one spot so those of us who might buy can listen & compare.

godawgs735

I picked up the new Knight and Hale Hale Fire gobble call at the NWTF. It was the best sounding and easiest to run in my opinion. There are a few youtube videos floating around that demonstrate it. I have been fortunate to hunt large tracts of private land over the years and have used the shaker type gobble calls to elicit a gobble from a tight lip tom many times. Several birds haven taken a ride home with me after giving away their position in response to a gobble call.

bpryor

When I was growing up, Haint's were to be avoided at all cost!! My Granddad used the "haint" to keep us out of places we shouldn't be. He said if you saw one, our hair would turn white immediatly. Pretty scary for a kid!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ssm

It has been renamed the Caint by some, because you Caint make it sound good.

Parker

EDIT: goblr77 and I got a trade worked out! Thanks!

Anyone that has one that doesn't like it, I'll make you one of my custom friction turkey calls in March when I get my shop turned around.....in trade for your Haint.

I can't see spending the money on one to see how it works, but I'll sure trade for one if someone's not going to use theirs.

Just send me a PM if you're interested.

Parker

Last edited:

huntervol11

I just got my Hale Fire in the mail today. Very difficult. I looked at both the Haint and the Hale Fire on Youtube. Although neither sounds to realistic in my opinion, Hale Fire sounds a tad bit deeper and more realistic. Again, extremely difficult.

Jacob Stuckey

I work at a Bait and Tackle store where we sell the Haint and the Hale fire. All employees have tried the Haint and none of us can use this call only the sale rep could. Now the Hale Fire is simple and by far the best sounding call. But me personally I wouldn't use any gobble call.

straightshooter

I have a Haint call. Took a while, but once I learned to run it, the sound was very good. I will only use it on very private land where I am completely comfortable with being the lone hunter on the property. That said, I have used it a couple of times in conjunction with hen yelps or fighting purrs with success.

grouper throat

Why not just use a mouth call and shake your head while exhaling? It sounds better than most of these calls and sounds like a jake breaking up while gobbling. There's not a chance on Earth I'd use it in the woods around here though.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
You have to be able to "Roll your R's" to use a Haint. Same principle purring with a mouth call or rolling the end of a "Who Cooks for You" on a owl call.

I can't do that..... I've tried and tried and I can't............. I purr by fluttering my lips with a mouth call...

First time I saw those fellas using the "Haint" I knew what they were doing and knew I would never buy one of those calls!

I'm not a fan of any gobble call anyways..