Suggestions for Challenge

turkeyed

Well guys and gals I have decided to run the challenge this year. I'm open to any suggestions that anyone would like to vioce but hurry for I need to get this thing started very quickly. If you have anything you would like to changed or added just let me know and it will be considered. Thanks

stringmusic

This will be my first year so I don't have any suggestions, but thank you for running it!:cool:

sman

No suggestions but a big thanks.

gobble157

Sweetness! Possibly being able to select a few of your team mates...raise count and have them post a picture when they sign up with a turkey hunting picture of some kind.

The Fever

Sweetness! Possibly being able to select a few of your team mates...raise count and have them post a picture when they sign up with a turkey hunting picture of some kind.

I like this idea but it would have to be a staged picture for me. I dont have one from actual turkey hunting. I like the idea of a random draw. Kinda like the NFL draft. It evens everything out, unless there are die hards out there that are willing to let a noob like myself on their team I wont stand a chance. However, whatever the fine gent that runs the challenge decides is good with me. Hats off to you man for volunteering. I think we have to limit the count of birds taken because some people can't travel. Three birds max with a wild card that allows you to replace a prior bird.

Gut_Pile

I like it how it is now for the most part. Being able to pick your team would be fun but would also be tough for others who haven't been around a while and know people. On another site I am on they are allowing to pick 3 members and your 4th member being random draw. I also think there should be a minimum post amount to sign up as well as a picture posted when you sign up of something turkey related with a piece of paper with the days date written on it, that would solve a lot of picture problems I think. Just some suggestions though

blong

I like it the way it was. But if we get to choose partners, I'll take Gobble157,Covehntr,Nitro and PLP.:)

Will-dawg

First off thank you sir for taking on the turkey challenge this year!

I dont think that I'm alone on this one when I say that being able to pick your teammates is HIGHLY unfair! The random draw thing is fine with me...it gives people a chance to meet new people and maybe help some newcomers out with some great advice. Who knows you may find a new hunting partner....

And so what if I/my team doesn't win anything....it's all in fun and to me it's me against the thunderchickens anyway!

Will-dawg

oh yeah----I really like the idea of posting a pic with you and a turkey or something related to turkey hunting when you enter the challenge!!!

turkeyed

Guys I will tell you now that picking your team is not going to happen. I don't want this to be a two team race like it is on some other forums. I'm not sure if there is a fail proof way of getting only members that will stay involved with the challenge throughout the season but if you have an idea let me know.

ridgestalker

I agree with others post something turkey related like a picture of a kill .Minimum post is good also.An if you entered last year's contest an did not harvest at least 1 bird you can not compete.I feel if you are a serious turkey hunter you should be able to at least kill 1 bird in a season. JMHO
Thanks for taking on the task turkeyed.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I just don't know if I could get a pic of turkey related, My cousin looks like a jake gobbler but dosn't like his pic taken.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

But I will try. I've seen several long beards hanging out behind the house in the backyard, are they o k to shoot during the season.

I don't even like to turkey hunt, I do it because I have to.
The rules are fine the way they were, Wish we could pick just 1 hunting buddy but that would confuse things!

Thanks for running this challenge!!!!!!!!

blong

You could lower the amount of birds a team can enter. This would give most of the teams a chance even if there were some hunters on their team not participating.

rdnckrbby

Stay on top of the entrees. Disqualify birds if they are posted wrong within that week, but if they make it through that weeks cut without disqualification, let that bird stay. Had the winning bird disqualified last year after the contest was already over, and it was from week 2 of the contest. This would give the hunter extra time to try for another in or out of state.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I agree with others post something turkey related like a picture of a kill .Minimum post is good also.An if you entered last year's contest an did not harvest at least 1 bird you can not compete.I feel if you are a serious turkey hunter you should be able to at least kill 1 bird in a season. JMHO
Thanks for taking on the task turkeyed.

Well thats aaaa big statement, No kill last year and then don't hunt! I say nich that one! A friend of mine hunted hard last year and didn't make a kill! And he's a GREAT turkey hunter. But he was there posting and rooting his fellow teammates on! I would have him on my team anytime anywhere! Now if you didn't play with your team.... and never posted, yes band them from the challenge'. We had one of those on our team......:stir:

turkeys101

i dont like the idea of posting a pic of a bird when you sign up..i mean what if you have never killed a bird before

ridgestalker

Well thats aaaa big statement, No kill last year and then don't hunt! I say nich that one! A friend of mine hunted hard last year and didn't make a kill! And he's a GREAT turkey hunter. But he was there posting and rooting his fellow teammates on! I would have him on my team anytime anywhere! Now if you didn't play with your team.... and never posted, yes band them from the challenge'. We had one of those on our team......:stir:

I had one on my team as well.:rolleyes: Just thought that might help.
I just feel if you cant kill a bird in a season than you either dont care or are just not that great of a turkey hunter.:smash: