Turkey Hunting with a BOW...

Outdoor-Writer07

I am thinking about trying to bag a gobbler this spring with a bow. I know most of you are saying, yeah right.... I can see ol' OW-07 killing a bird with a bow. Well, I this is just something I want to try and see if I can achieve. I know it would be a quite an accomplishment if I was able to arrow down a big gobbler. Now that I have that out of my system. Do any of the other love sick bird chasers have any tips for bow hunting turkeys.

H

HT2

I know ya'll know I ain't got no business on the Turkey Forum, but I'm just tryin' to help out......

Hey Bud.....

I know that "BOW ONLY" (Matt) hunts them with a bow.......He's also got some really good broadheads that he hunts them with......Them thangs are tough lookin'.......You ought to check with him...... :)

Jody Hawk

Get you a good blind that is black on the inside to hide your movement. I read an article in "Turkey and Turkey Hunting" magazine where the author said that he kept getting busted over and over again trying to draw his bow on these sharp eyed birds. He said that his success rate increased dramatically once he started using a blind. There are some who prefer to do it without a blind like Primos' Will Walker but Walker is in a class all his own when it comes to bowhunting.

Outdoor-Writer07

That is the TRUTH...

Amen on Will Walker being in a class of his own. I have seen him on some of the previous TRUTH videos and he's awesome with a bow. I am gonna try using the blind though, thanks for the tips.

HuntinMan

Good Luck! i plan on trying bow hunting the big bird this year as well. After I kill the frist one, then I will try the bow kill. ::huh:

stickflinger

middle to late

season is the best time to stick one with a bow. I've hunted with a bow for the past 5 years and found it easier to get a shot off, mid to late season when the hens are starting leave gobblers. I've killed a few, but they didn't come easy. My best so far was a 23lb, 11 inch beard, with 1 inch spurs. The best advise I could give is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTISE, and then PRACTISE some more. Be patient, don't give up to soon. Once you stick one you may never pick up a shotgun again. I still hunt with gun and bow, but prefer my bow. Good luck. :bounce:

deersled

how much would you have to change your deer hunting set up? can youuse the same broadheads(muzzy 100)?

flat foot

I hunted them pretty hard last year with no luck they just hung up out of range. Man they sure got me fired up. I believe it will be the only way I will hunt them not many chances, but when I get pumped it is twice as good.

short stop

good luck I hunt turkeys with nothin but shotguns and wont leave home with out 1 -----------SS

Bow Only

I've got a "How to" video coming out in the spring. It is narrated by Tim Knight and myself and tells everything you would want to know about how to kill a turkey with a bow. Blinds are great if you have fields but your mobility is reduced tremendously. I would suggest buying this month's edition of BowHunt America and read the article by Danny Farris. Plenty of tips and advice. PM me with specific questions if you have them. I've only hunted them for 4 years with a bow, but shot 7 the previous 3 years with no blinds.

Bow Only

I will, I just hope the moderators don't get me for saying when it's available. Might be considered advertising.