Sat. March 10th - ABA tourney at Allatoona

Rick_Shoup

Just want our GON friends (boaters and non-boaters) to know that the American Bass Anglers Division 125 will have their next tournament Saturday, March 10th at Lake Allatoona and you are invited to come fish with us!

We are expecting a full field (20+ anglers) on March 10th. Also, non-boaters are welcome! At the end of the Safety Meeting, (which will begin at 6:15am) the non-boaters will draw a boater and fish together for that tournament day. We've been averaging 2-3 non-boaters per tournament. If you are a boater and like to fish alone...your odds are very good. However, non-boaters, do not shy away from fishing with us. We have an awesome group of fishermen who are very competitive, yet friendly. We will always make you feel welcome and would love for you to join us!

Registration opens at 4:30a.m.
Tournament Hours: Safelight to 3p.m.
Entry Fee: $75.00 per angler
Annual Membership Fee: $25.00 (If you are not a member, you can join the morning of tournament. If already a member and need to renew, you may do so the morning of tournament).

Directions To Gatewood Ramp:
From I-75 North or South, Take Exit 290 (GA20 Exit) Travel East on GA 20 approximately 500 feet and take a right on GA Spur 20 (Between Kangaroo Grocery and Wendy's), travel approximately 3 miles and take a left on Bartow County Beach Road (the Corps signs no longer exist, so look for the small Gatewood Ramp sign). Travel to the end of Bartow County Beach Road and the ramp will be on your left.

For more info. please visit our website: www.abangeorgia.com

Thank you,

Matt West
Director, ABA AFT Division 125 (North Georgia)
Mwest48@bellsouth.net
(404) 641-6345

Last edited:

Rick_Shoup

Also, I want to announce two incentive programs that I will implement into Division 125 in addition to the GrandeBass and Tackle Doctors "Get em' next time" bag.

This first change will be the "Tournament Entry Give-a-way". If there are thirty (30) or more anglers present (registered and paid in full) on tournament day, there will be a random draw at the end of the weigh-in process. The winner of the random draw will have their tournament entry fee, late fee and Bartow County parking pass reimbursed. YOU MUST BE PRESENT AT THE DRAW FOR THE RANDOM PICK REIMBURSEMENT! THIS PROGRAM IS ONLY FOR AMERICAN BASS ANGLERS, AMERICAN FISHING TOUR DIVISION 125 PARTICIPANTS. This program does not apply to any other American Bass Anglers sanctioned events.

The next program that will be new to Division 125 is a "New Member Paid Entry Incentive Program". Any current ABA member that is responsible for signing up the most NEW MEMBERS to Division 125 by the April 21, 2012 tournament will have their April 21, 2012 AFT Division 125 Tournament Entry Fee Reimbursed (including the late fee). Each new member MUST register as a new ABA member at the ramp the morning of a Division 125 Tournament. The winner of the New Member Paid Entry Incentive Program will be announced after the weigh-in of the April 21, 2012 Division 125 Tournament (the last one-day tournament for the Division). In the event of a tie, the current ABA angler that has fished the most Division 125 Tournaments will win the tournament reimbursement. If there is still a tie at the end of this process, the ABA member that is responsible for signing up the most new ABA members in the quickest amount of time will win. THIS INCENTIVE PROGRAM IS ONLY IN EFFECT FOR AMERICAN BASS ANGLERS, AMERICAN FISHING TOUR DIVISION 125. This program does not apply to any other American Bass Anglers sanctioned event. The remaining ABA Division 125 Tournaments are as listed below:

March 10, 2012: Gatewood Ramp

March 31, 2012: Gatewood Ramp

April 21, 2012: Gatewood Ramp

May 19/20, 2012: Gatewood Ramp (Two-Day Division Championship)

If anyone has any questions or comments concerning the new ABA Division 125 member incentive programs please feel free to call me or email me at any time. We have an excellent ABA Division and I am excited about becoming the largest and strongest ABA Division in the country. All this information will be updated on the Division 125 website (www.ABANGeorgia.com) in the coming days.

Best of luck on the water!

Matt West
Director, ABA AFT Division 125 (North Georgia)
Mwest48@bellsouth.net
(404)641-6345