My first bird... ever!

nick_o_demus

I went hunting this weekend with my dad (wvdawg). He set me up in one of his blinds on Sunday afternoon and told me that turkeys will often come up the hill from the left and enter the food plot at a certain location... He couldn't have been more right. After sitting for maybe an hour and half I heard russling in the leaves and knew it was more than one bird. A group of four came out from precisely where he said. Now, I'm more than certain that the first one out was a tom, but after hesitating a little, he had time to dissapear into the tall grass. Not wanting to miss a second chance, I saw the beard on the last bird and took my shot. Bird on the ground! It seemed like dad wasted no time coming up the hill to see my trophy and give me a congratulatory high five/hug. I had an absolute blast, and it was worth every minute of the 15 or 16 hours I had spent in the woods... Now I gotta get that TOM!

nickturkey005copy.jpg

nickturkey012copy.jpg

Gadget

Congrats on your first gobbler, good luck with your first Tom, you got a couple more weeks to go after him.

wvdawg

Staff member
Way to go Nick! Proud of you - congratulations!

Hunter Ed

Gone but not forgotten
You can shoot a hundred or more, but you remember the first bird best. Good shot, good bird, good times abound. You did great nick.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Congratulations, young man. Nice bird!

Arrow3

Congrats on your first!