Denatured Alcohol

nick_o_demus

I was wondering if anyone has used denatured alcohol injections for preservation of turkey wings? Is it effective?

AliBubba

I think that is what old time pharmacists used to keep/preserver weird stuff in jars, right?

nick_o_demus

I think that was formaldehyde, maybe??? I read an article earlier about using denatured alcohol rather than skinning and removing the muscle tissue and using borax.

georgia_home

Some of the trad folks, like the one that sort of shares your name, and maybe the call makers may be able to help ya. If you don't get a response here try the turkey call and traditional sections.

Good luck to ya!

Killdee

I've never heard of that but let us know if you try it. Seems like skinning and boraxing it would be the safe way for a long term solution. Seems like alcohol would evaporate and leave it unprotected.

White Stag

I always skin mine out...no clue, but good luck to ya!

chase870

Possum Sox
Bigger birds should have as mush meat removed as possible. Van Dykes supply used to sell a solution called wing set. It was injected in mussle tissue with a needle and worked well on hard to reach areas and small bird wings.

nick_o_demus

I opted for skinning and borax, but I still want to know if the alcohol works. Thanks for the responses, gents!