Finally

It has been a long tough season but finally hammered these two with one shot this morning. Didn't hear any gobbling at daylight so I went and set up in a food plot that had all kind of sign that birds had been using it. I had set up yesterday in the same plot and had a bird working but couldn't get him to commit. Put out the decoys right after daylight and built me a blind, did some very soft clucks, purrs and a couple of yelps and then sat back and waited. Two birds came into the lower end of the plot and made their way towards me. I had the gun up and was ready for them when I realized the first bird was a jake. Wasn't gonna kill him but hadn't seen the second bird fully to determine if it was another jake or not. Out of the corner of my eye something caught my attention and these two were coming in from my right. They eased over to my decoys and I dropped the hammer. No gobbling, no strutting but they took a dirt nap anyway! Sometimes you just have to kill them however they will let you.
One bird had 10 1/4 inch beard with both spurs 1 and 1/16"
Second bird had 10 inch beard with a 1 " and 7/8 " spurs

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 282

sman

Congratz on gettin it done!!!